The Day Has Finally Arrived

Training continued for two weeks before the day of the Sports Festival finally arrived.

They used all the time they had to the fullest. Izuku and Uraraka trained hard and when they took breaks, Izuku would continue to teach Uraraka more sign language; such as the signs for common phrases and words.

Uraraka improved a lot, her fighting form improved immensely and she was significantly faster and stronger than that of two weeks ago. She could also use her quirk longer on heavier objects too.

Meanwhile, Izuku also improved quite well. After Uraraka went home after training he had his own regimen to follow. His personal training though didn't involve much of exercise but more on the usage of his quirk. To try and spend less energy and stamina he focused on creating a way where his quirk could help in hand-to-hand close combat.

He had an idea of what he wanted to do but it took a lot of work and mental strength to get it done, especially within the two week time frame. He tried experimenting his quirk on several objects, trying to see if he can set them aflame without really damaging them. It took about two days, but he managed to pull it off after burning through over 70 crushed soup cans. All he needed to do know was apply it to his own body.

He set himself on fire. It stung a bit at first, but it worked. He could now set himself on fire without needing any fire proof protection. He could now control his flames to where they can't hurt him. But then he realized he had to find a way to make it that the flames can hurt other people but not himself at the same time.

But, being the smart boy Izuku is, it only took 3 more days.

-Break-

Izuku and Uraraka are now walking together to school. Both anxious about the Sports Festival. It was their chance to prove themselves as future heroes and grab the attention of the pros that could possibly mentor them through their journey to become full fledged heroes.

"Hey, Deku?" Uraraka asked, with her voice shaking a bit.

Izuku looked at her with a curious expression, waiting for the question to come.

"Let's do our best okay? Now holding back!" Uraraka exclaimed.

Izuku smiled back at her in response. Eyes closed and teeth shining, it was as if he was glowing.

Uraraka blushes a little before looking slightly to the side to avoid his pure gaze.

'That made my heart jump!' Uraraka thought to herself.

They continued walking in silence. Uraraka was trying to focus on the upcoming challenge ahead while Izuku was simply staring at her while walking forward, admiring the view in front of him. He then removed his gaze from the girl and focused on what's ahead of him.

They eventually both stopped in front of the UA Gates. They took a moment to pause, breathe, and psych themselves up.

Together they stepped through the gates, preparing for whatever may wait for them in the Sports Festival.

The day has finally arrived.