Chapter 31-Promise

Koo Rae's POV

"Promise me, you're not going to run away" i recalled what Hanbin said before he left. They have a concert today and I don't know if i'll go or not.

This is the perfect time to run away. To live away from social media. But how long will I run away?

I tapped my pen as I started scribbling lyrics.

"Run, Promise." the titles are contradicting.

2 songs in a day, describes my feelings.

"Hey, aren't you going up? The CEO called you" Ms. Lee, a staff entered my studio.

"Wae?" i asked
"Molla, he just told me to call you"she left and I started preparing to go up.

I knocked on the door and he told me to get in.

"Rae, I know you've been down lately and the songs you gave, are good. But, it's very sad. I allow you to watch the concert and enjoy. Please do come, you've been very depressed lately and it's not good for your health. You just recovered from trauma, you'll change it into depression? Please take care of yourself too." he said

"Neh, Sajangnim" i bowed and bid goodbye.

When I came back to my studio, I saw Hyunsuk there looking gloomy.

"Bwoya?" i asked him
"They'll be revealing the final member today" Hyunsuk said
"Jinja?! Wah, I'm not really updated." i said
"Haru's the first member" Hyunsuk said

I can sense his sadness over this, he's not a confirmed member yet.

"Hyunsuk-ah, if YG didn't get you as a member, i'll give you a song, no, an album. Prepare for it and i'll upload it on instagram. Or anywhere." I said

"But, this could get you in trouble." Hyunsuk said
"I'm a producer, I know who got talents. Join show me the money this year and gain your glory." i told him

"I'll try, I feel like I lost all my confidence after this show." Hyunsuk said and left.
Wah, they're sooooo. Myghad.

"And this is why, I don't want to debut." i mumbled.

From Yeol:

Can we atleast talk?

I ignored it and walk down the lobby. But I got shocked of a lot of people in front of the entrance. Paparazzi.

"Rae! Rae!" they all saw me so I clicked the elevator up again.

"What the hell?" i said

I walked out of the elevator in shock.

"Yah, where have you been? Why are you so shocked?" Jennie saw me

"Yah, eunnie, there are a lot of Media downstairs." i said
"Yah, don't go down then. You don't have a manager. They're going to chase you" Jennie said

She left worriedly but she have a schedule to catch.

"You're going to the concert right?" Baymax oppa appeared out of nowhere. He is iKON's manager.
"Oh, but-" he dragged me back to the elevator. And when it opened, the media started crowding us. And I was shocked when he shouted.

"CHOGIYO! I'm giving you all 10 seconds to get out of here. If you don't, we'll tell YG sajangnim and ban you all from spreading news." Baymax oppa said

"I'm her manager for today, and we are going somewhere. If you don't let us pass, we'll report to the police." he added which made them all left.

We went inside the car and his manager started driving.

"This is crazy. Myghosh" Oppa said

"Thank you oppa" i said and closed my eyes

"Just an oppa advice, refresh your mind. But don't run away again" He said.

"Oppa, can you drop me off my house?" i said
" You're not going?" he asked.
"I'll refresh my mind" i said

When he dropped me off, I ran to the elevator and Went inside my house. No one was there. So I started typing something in my phone.

"Hello, this is Koo Jin Rae. I've been receiving a lot of hates because of the announcement of my relation with B.I. I am deeply sorry if I lied saying there is no chance at all, I like him ever since, but we started ignoring each other. That's why I denied us being together. This days, I always ran away, but this time, I wanted to be free, I don't want to run anymore. Hanbin and I, we were happy. Some fans supported us, but there's also a lot of hates, I'm sorry if we've disappointed you. We just want to be happy. That's all."

After I updated that status, I quickly changed and prepared for their concert. I know I'm super late. But i'll still try anyway. Atleast there will be less fans.

"I'm super late I know." i said just before the guard speak.

He let me in and I went to look for my seat. Everyone was there. when the fans saw me entering, they started cheering. I found my seat beside a kid whom I know very well.

"Eunnieeee!!!!!!" Hanbyul hugged me and I kissed her cheeks. As well as her mom and dad's.

"I haven't seen you in a while young lady. I knew you'd end up together" her mom teased

"Auntie, you know I liked him ever since." i said
" i know. I know about his feelings too. I just don't want to meddle with you two" she said.

The concert started and the fans were wild.

I smiled at him. I know he can't see me from afar. Were in a VIP section exclusive for YG. I know he can't see me. I'm so proud of him. Fans didn't left his side. They were happy for us. But there are still few who sulked.

"I want to thank all of you, for being with us, everyday, every moment since our debut. Thank you to everyone who supported us, since the beginning. I know ya'll wanted to hear my side." his voice cracked and I grew worried.

"I know, it's not just us iKON, but to you iKONICS too, please stop hating Rae, please promise to protect her just like how you protect us iKON." Hanbin said

"We love you all, Rae had been there since the beginning of our journey as a Trainee and as an idol. She is like our 8th member, please don't hate her, like all of you ever did since the start." Jinhwan said. My tears started falling. As they continue to talk to their fans, I saw him scanning the crowd and looking for us until he was caught in the camera.

"Koo Jin Rae, show yourself" June said

Instead of me, Hanbyul Raised her hand and waved at her brother. I recorded her reaction and posted it on IG live.

I saw him smiled and the camera was on us.

"He saw you eunnie." hanbyul said and I laughed
"Thank you baby" i said and kissed her cheek.

I didn't notice the camera's still on us until Hanbin spoke.

"I guess I'm a little jealous of my sister now." Everyone laughed. "Ugly squid, before we start performing again, I want everyone to hear. I promise to love you each and everyday, no matter how many challenges comes, that won't change. I promise to protect you, just like how your SunRaes defend you. I promise to love my fans just like how you loved them like they're your family. I hope, this won't change." a tear dropped from my eye and I smiled.

They started performing again but I still can't move on from what he promised.

I promise to love you too. Forever.