Touch

A tranquil buzz surrounds me as I sit patiently at the bar, "Gin?" Asks the bartender, a young woman in her early 20's "Please," I smile, my dimples rising on my cheeks. She quickly pours me a drink, sliding it to me as I take it in one go.

"Rough day?" Says a man to my right, his face is lined with stubble, his hair slick back with gel, a suit sits on his toned body. "You could say that," I reply. Making sure my eyes don't meet with his. I look at the bottles sitting on the glass shelves in-front of me, each one filled to different heights, unique in their own capacity. "Wanna talk about it?" Asks the stranger, his voice too empathetic for logic. "You wouldn't understand," I almost snigger, walking away to the men's room... I feel his eyes watch me as I leave.

——————•
Water billows over my face, cold and fresh it splashes over my nose and cheeks. I turn to the mirror, looking at myself. My cheeks are rosy red, my nose a pure pink. Eyelids which sit in my sockets flutter, my long white hair behind me in a high ponytail. I sigh, my pupils dilating as the door behind me opens. Lowering my head, I turn to make my leave. The ash floorboards below me creak as I walk, my arm brushing past the person in the entrance.

A strong grip holds me back.

I turn my head quickly in response, my eyes darting to the human. The man from the bar. "You can't just leave me hanging," He jokes, a smile sits on his face, it's kind and warm; unlike any expression I've seen before. "Tell me, what's got you so worked up? One guy to another." My eyes return to the floor, "Let go of me." I say, using my power to touch his hand, he shoots his arm back. Pain welling in his eyes.

Briskly, I pace away from the bathroom. Lurking down the audacious halls of the bar, I return to the city lights. A sigh escapes my mouth as I begin to walk, I walk, I don't stop walking.