Newfound confidence

"I want you to stay at my place tonight." Rocker chimes, we have now left the interrogation room as I have been deemed as no longer a suspect but a... victim.

"W-why?" I ask, standing up and approaching him as he stirs a mug of coffee in the community kitchen. "It's not safe for you to go back to your place, not after you come into work with all these injuries: furthermore there's a psycho on the loose and he knows your home address." He connotes, the spoon hitting the rippled crevis is the china mug as he lifts it from the surface of his beverage. He takes a sip, awaiting my reply.
I decide not to, it's not worth fighting a battle I can't win.
"I see, playing it safe are you?" He jokes, walking past me with his mug to his personal desk area across the vacant hall. "No, it's!"
"Yeah, whatever. I'll come with you to grab some stuff so you can stay over, we'll leave at 5, so that'll give you half an hour to tell me everything you know about this psycho... who wants every guy you know dead." He sighs, sitting down on his swivel chair as he grabs a notebook and golden pen after placing down his drink. "His name... i had written it down earlier but Matthew took the paperwork."
"Jack Newkolton."
"Age?"
"26 I believe."
"Has he got any relatives?"
"Not that I know of..."
"What do you mean 'that you know of', I thought you had previously been with him." Says Rocker curiously, biting his pen. I loose my train of thought: too busy watching his pink lips wind around the metal. "Winter!" He raises his voice. "Sorry. Yes we dated, but our relationship always felt off. He would never talk to me about relatives or friends outside of our already made friendship circle. We only shared a few close companions."
"I see, it might be a stretch but do you know where he lives or we could find him at? It really helps for when we track him." I shake my head in frustration, "The only place we saw eachother was our apartment we shared, but when I left he was quick to also move out." Rocker sighed, the newly found road to solving the murder case must have seemed assuring at first, yet my input was getting it nowhere...

It wasn't long before me and Rocker left the station, locking up as we exited the building. Arriving at my apartment, Rocker proceeded to survey it for any potential ways Jack could've got inside, as well as any ways he could have been previously watching me.

"Looks all good to me," He spoke, adjusting one of my window frames which had been slightly loose. "I propose the idea of you getting some more locks for your door and windows, it might help to prevent further break-ins." I nodnhurriedly as I walk over to the soft creme couch, placing down my heavy bag. Rocker examined it fervently, "That all you need?"
"I don't plan on staying too long? Why?"
Rocker scratches his head awkwardly, "No reason, I just think that it may take longer than you presume since we don't have much of a double lead to follow..." I sigh at his words, feeling as if a dagger of blame had pierced my chest. "Fine, I'll go get some more stuff..." I bark, briskly trying to return to my room to retrieve more items.
"Wait!" He exclaimed, a brute force clasped my arm, rough skin dragging me harshly; pulling me to a stance halt. Rockers face scrunched in regret, "S-Sorry!" His usual persona was clouded by a panicked tone. He dropped my arm instantaneously.
Lost for words I stood silently, spectating his usually serious manor which had been morphed to show his fragile side by only a small mistake. "It's ok," I commented, "You just shocked me a bit, that's all," I forced a smile, emotions still muddled in my mind.
"Really, I didn't mean to..." He continued, staring anywhere but my eyes.

Without thinking, I impulsively leaned upwards; my rosey lips leaving a pink kiss on Rockers cheek. "It's ok! Really!" I joked, grabbing my bag ready to go. His face now flushed with embarrassment, he took his bag; swinging it round his shoulder. "R-right, yes! Let's get going."

—————•
Hi! I know this chapter is a tad shorter than usual but it's because it's quite late at night for me but I still wanted to update the story! Plus I'll be uploading more within the next few days! Hope you're liking the book so far!

Please remember to vote for my book and leave comments, input is greatly appreciated! Also follow for updates on when new chapters are out and for any of my announcements! Thanks for reading! xx

💖💕💫✨🥰Puzex4🥰✨💫💕💖