Winners vs. Losers

On the warm Saturday morning, Björn had risen beside Lena. He hugged her warm body to his as he nuzzled into her neck. He spoke softly in her ear wishing her a good morning. She smiled and wished it back to him. She turned her head and kissed him on the lips, but in that kiss they shared something was lacking.

Björn loves to kiss her, he loved being with her, but his heart felt out of place. He looked at her and saw the face of Agnetha instead.

Lena's plan for the day was to get her work done, while Björn's plans, like every other Saturday, was to take his children to the movies. For the first few hours, Björn and Lena had breakfast together and each spent their time getting ready to start on their agendas. They parted ways with a peck on the lips and went about their day.

At home, Björn had finished the last few tasks before heading to Agnetha's home to see his kids. He walked up the little steps of her home and knocked on the front door. He listened to the chirping birds on that beautiful sunny day and had suddenly been struck with an idea of an element for a new song.

Agnetha opened to find him standing before her and smiling. His smile began to fade as he immediately sensed something was off about her, though he didn't know what.

"Hi," he greeted.

"Hi," she looked at him confused at why he should be here. "What are you–"

"I'm here to take the kids. I promised them I'd take them to the cinema, remember?" She closed her eyes and sighed gently.

"Yes, I completely forgot and wish you had called to remind me. My parents just took them," she paused. She left out the part about how she felt too gloomy to have energy to look after the kids. She didn't want them to be surrounded by her sadness. "My parents wanted to see them, so they came about an hour ago."

"And you didn't want to go with them?" Björn can see in her eyes, in her expression something was bothering her. Those blue eyes that spoke her emotions clearly were empty. She shook her head at him.

"Not in the mood." She walked inside her home and Björn followed.

"Why? What's wrong Anna?" Her asked her quickly. He set the bag in his hand down and followed her steps.

"It isn't anything I could really explain." She walked through to get to the living room and turned back to him. "Would you like something to drink?" She hoped to get distracted from whatever was upsetting her, and having him here wasn't any help.

"I'm okay." She sat into the couch and cuddled herself. She kept quiet. He couldn't help but notice the music. It was soft, but he knew the song. He knew it well, it was something he had written. Something they had worked on.

"You're not going to tell me what's wrong?" He tilted his head looking into her eyes, but she kept them away. If she looked in them, she'd break down and she knew it. She shook her head.

"You're listening to the song," he stated. "Do you think it's coming along well?" He had given her a copy of the unfinished version, something to keep for herself, something no one would have. After all, the song is dedicated to them. It's their song.

"We've made such a beautiful song, Björn. Though I've come to find, there's nothing beautiful about the way it makes me feel. Nothing beautiful about the reason you've written it, but even so... I can't stop listening to it, again and again." It's definitely the song, he thought. He began to feel guilty to make her sing those words.