The Slip

Three months had flown by in what felt slow. Björn's thoughts consisted of Agnetha every night and it was the same on Agnetha's end, too. The heartbroken couple had gotten past their misfortune and accepted their realities. They had accepted that the future was not written with them in it and went on with their lives.

The summer had brought along long days and breezy nights. Trees and flowers were in full bloom and the sunshine brightened their lives to exciting things and new beginnings.

Agnetha and Dick had finally worked out their relationship, restoring hope that there really is someone out there for her who genuinely cares. Meanwhile, in another household, Björn and Lena were growing excited to meet their child.

The first trimester was officially over and each night Björn would speak to his child, telling the baby just how excited he was to become a father again.

"You have a whole team waiting to meet you, your parents, your siblings, your aunts and uncles. I love you already."

"Björn, enough talking to the baby."

"Should I sing instead?"

"No, you should let me sleep for once," she smiled.

"Your belly hasn't grown too much," he lifted her shirt to see. He remembered Agnetha's grew quick.

"I'm only four months!" She removed his hand and pulled down her shirt to cover her stomach.

"You think I can hear the heartbeat through your stomach?" He laughed and laid his head on her belly.

"For God's sake, Björn! Let me sleep in peace," she grew irritated and turned on her side.

Björn rolled his eyes and got out of bed to grab a glass of water for her, knowing she'd nudge him at night to bring her a cup. He thought he might as well do it now rather than later.

While he disappeared, Lena laid in bed considering how the course of the next five months will play out. How will she handle the pregnancy? How will her belly develop? She felt strong fear in her gut that it won't go to plan.

Meanwhile in the house seven minutes away, Agnetha was cuddled in the arms of her lover. He cared for her like no one had and it was all Agnetha really wanted. She felt comforted and safe in those arms, even if at times she'd think about the possibility that it could have been Björn beside her.

"Agnetha?"

"Hm," her voice answered. She had already begun falling asleep, unable to keep her heavy eyelids open.

"What do you say if we take a little trip?" She smiled listening to him.

"I'm on a break from ABBA so yes, I would love it," she responded.

"Can we go this weekend, maybe into the next week, too?"

"It sounds lovely, but I need to speak with Björn. Maybe he can keep the kids. I'm sure he wouldn't mind."

And she was right. Björn agreed to look after the children, but hated the fact that he grew jealous to hear she'd be going away with Dick. However, feelings aside, Björn couldn't deny her request. She deserved happiness and her happiness is important to him.