The Story of Us

Luck was on their side that day that Björn and Agnetha had once again found each other. Their happiness was limitless, though both knew it was going to be a strange time with what had happened in both of their lives.

Both had made a stop to buy cookies and treats for the patient group waiting to hear if Björn was able to succeed with his plan. He had a box of goodies in his hands and stopped Agnetha before getting to the door.

"Hold on," he said.

"What?"

"Let's mess with them a little," she laughed at him, because it was much like him to play these little games.

He put a subtle defeated frown on his face and walked alone into the studio with the box of treats in his hands. They all looked at him waiting to hear what had happened. He was alone and no one saw it as a good sign.

"Well?" Stig looked up, disappointed that he had entered without her. Björn looked down and shook his head. He put the box of treats on the table and smiled at his kids softly.

"What happened, Björn? Where's Agnetha?" Frida asked.

"Let me grab one more thing from the car, and I'll explain everything," he told them quietly, not putting his eye to theirs. He seemed sad and hurt as he turned around. They were all upset to see him so heartbroken, but as he stepped out to see Agnetha he laughed.

"You should see their faces," he hugged Agnetha and kissed her cheek.

"You're horrible," he swept her off her feet and carried her. She yelped in surprised they walked in again together.

"Oh, my God," Frida said excitedly with a large smile on her face.

"Yes!" Stig could not contain his happiness he jumped out of his chair and put his fist in the air.

"You really did it," Benny said.

"What? You think I wouldn't?" He winked and set her down.

"Mamma!" Linda ran to her side. "You're back."

"Yes, it was a quick trip," she laughed.

They all sat around the studio as Björn explained everything from start to finish. Everyone was shocked to hear and were happy that the two lovers were finally able to work things out for the best as the had originally hoped. No one knew the way their relationship had gone, starting from a little over a year so once hearing the story they were all amused.

Linda had taken a nap on her mother's lap while Christian played quietly with little block toys. She stroked her daughter's blonde hair and listened to their story being told.

By the evening, they had all gone to Agnetha's house for dinner. The children played while the adults talked and planned what's to come. At 9:30 PM the guests had departed leaving Björn and Agnetha seated side by side with their wines as they chatted.

The atmosphere was casual and quiet as they watched the kids run around the space. Agnetha noticed how Björn was quiet too and wondered why he was this way.

"What are you thinking?" He shook his head and looked at his cup.

"I don't know," he said. "I still cannot believe everything we have gone through to come here. I just can't help but think I've wasted so much time, two and a half years being in someone's arms that weren't yours."

"Hey," she brought her hand to his cheek and turned his face to see his eyes. "Björn, we've spent time apart, yes, but we wouldn't be here the way we are if it wasn't for the distance. It gave us space. It gave us time to heal from our broken relationship."