The Good News

The day had gone by long for Agnetha and even longer during the night. By now, all of her memories from the previous night returned to her and she still hadn't heard from Björn. She began to second guess everything and became more concerned for the show the next morning.

She wanted to call Frida, knowing Frida would be there for her with advice, but she couldn't risk telling anyone what had happened between her and Björn. Maybe he changed his mind. Maybe he was still drunk when he had written that note, too.

At some point Agnetha had fallen asleep and when she woke up the next morning, she was running late. She hoped to get up a half an hour before she actually did so she could take her time to prepare herself for the day, but things never go to plan.

The four met with Görel and Stig and had prepared to go to the SVT studio to begin with the Dick Cavett interview. Agnetha and Björn only looked at each other from time to time, quietly and awkwardly until they got there. There was so much he had wanted to say to her, so much to explain but everyone was around and everyone was rushing to get the show started.

As soon as they arrived Frida and Agnetha had gone into the dressing rooms to begin styling themselves with their stylist. Within an hour and a half, both women had finished.

Björn was beside the door when Agnetha decided to beat Frida out of the room, staring at his feet with his hands in his pockets. He startled her as she had not expected him there. He was pacing trying to decide if he should knock or not, but now his dilemma was solved. She opened for him anyway.

Björn looked at her from her face to her tan colored leather pants, thinking of how beautiful she looked.

"Hi," he said at last.

"Hi," she replied. She walked to the table that held cookies, croissants, fruits, and drinks. She poured herself coffee, feeling nervous knowing Björn was behind her every move without saying much.

"How are you?" He asked anxiously. Björn hated small talk, but he hadn't thought of how he could say what he wanted. What had happened between them and what he knew held him down as if they were heavy weights.

"I'm fine," she took a sip and met his blue eyes. "You?"

"I'm okay. I wan–"

"Ready to air in three minutes! Please take your places," the set director had called out to everyone.

Agnetha had a feeling of what Björn would say and immediately did what was asked. She joined Benny who was conversing with Dick Cavett already.

Throughout the interview, Björn found himself dreading it even more and especially the next few days. He knew it was important for them, as it would be something special for their ten years of ABBA, though the pressure on him grew intense and irritable.

All he could think of was having the chance to speak to Agnetha... but when? He grew impatient. Luckily, Benny was the joker giving light-hearted answers, and whenever Björn spoke it was coming out serious about their work.

Even Agnetha wasn't as serious as Björn, but something about him was off and she sensed it. His mind troubled him, telling him today's not going to be as great as he expected today to be months ago. Something's bound to happen.

His eyes went to the audience and landed on his wife's who had finally joined them. We'll never have the talk, he thought to himself, especially with Lena here. He knew she'd be joining as she promised. He grew tensed as the interview dragged.

After the interview, the four members including Dick Cavett stood and conversed again. All five were in smiles until a tall slender blonde approached them.