Plumbers Can't Fix It

Exactly one year had passed. This year had brought along many changes for the four members of ABBA. Björn's marriage was just that– a marriage, Agnetha's relationship with Dick was not as strong as it was in the beginning as she found herself afraid to rush into things, Benny had found another lover, and Frida found herself leaning on her best friend as her best friend leaned on her.

Quickly after finishing Super Trouper and without an intention, Benny and Björn found themselves working on new music, as always. Since there was no tour and not many concerts, they decided that they'd make another album. They were too far into their recording to end everything then and there, but somewhere along the way, they all came to an agreement that this would be the end of the group. Something that they once all had enjoyed doing together, they had became bored with. It wasn't fun, it wasn't lively, and it was a completely different ABBA.

On a gloomy April night, just when Agnetha thought her night couldn't go any worse, her sink broke. The drain became impaired and clogged. Just what I need, Agnetha thought. First, the kids don't want to stay with me at home; second, I get this damn invitation from Dick for the fashion show, which I have still not made up my mind about; and now of course, along with the dark sky that's happening outside, the sink breaks and I can't continue washing my dishes.

She hovered over the sink thinking to herself, staring into the water and the darkness of the drain. Why can't have my father taught me to fix things in situations like this? I'm no handyman, she said. She picked up  the phone and dialed the number of the plumber that usually repairs things for her.

Just before he arrived, Agnetha decided for herself, she was not going to make her night a miserable one. Why should she dwell in the situations she's in? She laughed and threw every negative idea aside and opened a bottle of wine for herself.

"Ah, this will do," she smirked and sat on the couch with a blanket waiting for Mr. Handyman to come to her rescue.

The tall, salt and pepper haired man arrived shortly. He wore a navy suit, which was now had a few sprinkles of rain on it.

Agnetha warmly invited Stephen inside her home. He wasn't unfamiliar with the place. Over the past few years he had become quite acquainted with the family.

"Oh, this here?" He said looking into the sink. It was completely filled to the rim. "Shouldn't take long," he smiled and immediately got down to his work. Agnetha sat at the kitchen table with the wine in her hand and watched him calmly as he opened the toolbox and began his work.

When he finished they conversed for a while. Agnetha let Stephen distract her from her mind. Stephen had a sense of humor that quickly made her giggle when she least expected it. He had asked her about how everything was in her life, knowing she was beginning to drink her problems away with that glass of wine.

"Stephen, you don't have a tool in that box that can fix my problems, do you?" She laughed.

"No, unfortunately, that's not in my job description but I'm a friend, so I'll listen when you need me to."

After 10 minutes into exchanging advice to one another, there was a quick knock at the door. Surprised, Agnetha left Stephen in the kitchen and went to open. Björn stood before her soaked from the pouring rain that had picked up.

"Björn? Come in. Come inside from the rain!" He walked inside past Agnetha and in a smile until he saw Stephen was sitting at the kitchen table.

"Stephen?" Björn greeted him. "Hey, man! It's been some time," Stephen reached out his hand and shook Björn's. "I'm surprised to see you here." He looked at Agnetha.

"I repaired the drain for your, uh, the kitchen sink." Stephen was used to Agnetha and Björn being together that he forgot that they no longer were.

"Well, Agnetha, why didn't you call?" Björn said. "I'm five minutes away. I could have fixed it. You didn't have to bring him here in the rain," he laughed.