3

History class ended pretty fast. I walked out of the room on my search for Silver. I got to my car and she was there waiting for me. I smirked, tossed her the keys and got into the passenger side of my car. She drove to my house slowly, quietly. I looked over at her.
"Sil, if this is all true I'll try mi best to make sure you get the things you missed out on." I whispered but I knew she heard me. We walked back into my house. "Mum, mum!" I called. My mom walked in wide eyed. I knew she smelt Silver.
"Dawn so help me god! What did you bring into my house."
"Mum, relax. Silver and I we wanna ask some questions."
"What kind of questions for you to bring a fang into my house."
"That book in the library. Is it true what it says about when a wolf imprints on a vampire?"
"That's what this is about? You want to imprint on a fang, haha, NO!"
"I'm sorry mom but if you imprinted on a human I think I can imprint on a vampire. I just want to know if the part about the vampire getting pregnant is true."
"Watch your tongue. And yes it's true that's why it was written off as forbidden unless passing a trial
made up of the wolves and the fangs."
"Fine, sign us up for a trial then."
"That is not how this works. I'd have to find some vampires."
"I think I could do that for you, the family that took me is one of the originals." Silver said.
"Well dinner tonight at 7pm sharp, if they aren't here then we don't have this talk again. DO YOU HEAR ME!" My mom yelled at me. I looked at her and rolled my eyes.
"Silver come on let's go." I said grabbing her hand pulling her through the door. We got back into the car and Silver drove far, almost out of town. "I hope you know that no matter the decision, if you want I'd still do it."
"You'd betray your mom?" She asked.
"If it means mi only chance for real love, and help you do so much you haven't been able to experience."
"You barely know me?"
"Well right now I know more about you than I was hoping to, plus we'd be able to get to know each other more."
"You're really sweet for a dog, you know. Most of them that I've ran into are nothing like you or your family. I mean at least your mom hasn't tried to kill me yet."
"Yeah I'm going to make sure that doesn't happen."
...
I came back home at 5pm, 2 hours until Silver and her family would be here. My mum came knocking on my door. "Yes!"
"Dawn, you're being serious about this fang aren't you?"
"Mum, I'm being serious. She's beautiful, and she understands things that I've never seen anyone before. She's been alive for a very long time, she's been through things that you couldn't even think of. She didn't choose that life, and she is sweet, she doesn't really show it but she is."
"Ok. I hope you'll get cleaned up before the dinner."
...
The short 2 hours passed by fast. We were all sitting around the table like they would actually eat something. But I guess my mum had that all planned out. Bags of blood sat before them. I looked at Silver who was sitting next to me. She grabbed my hand squeezing it a little.
"It's come to our attention that these two would to be together, as in my daughter imprints on this vampire. We're here to come to a decision, but I propose that they remain unimprinted until marriage."
"Are you proposing that this becomes an arranged marriage, and bring the dog and fang rivalry to an end?"Clyde said. Silver said he was like a father to her. He was a few inches taller than her with a more muscular build. Light brunette hair and a goatee. He seemed like a reasonable person to me when Silver and I talked to him earlier today.
"Yes, if we are at an agreement I'd say we set a wedding after my daughters 18th birthday." My mum said.
"What if I don't change by then! You know if I'm not a wolf by mi birthday I become a full human. That means Silver couldn't get pregnant." I said looking at my mum and then over at Clyde.
"I say, on your daughters 18th birthday they get married. Once they're married your daughter has a chance to imprint on Silver before her chance of becoming a human."
"Fine, I'll take it." My mum said.
...
I took Silver up to my room so my mum could have a talk with the Bersailes. I sat on my bed, Silver followed too.
"I can't believe your mom said yes."
"I mean, it's going to be a short window but hopefully I'll turn before my 18th birthday."
"Hey, it's going to happen, I wouldn't have been able to tell you're a dog if you weren't at least one."
"I mean true. I guess this means we can actually get to know each other."
"Well, your room definitely tells a lot about you. Rap music fanatic, very clean and organized, possible OCD. Into soccer, and working out. Pastel colors but you have more white than I'll ever own. I already know you're into reading, history, and you're way beyond your years in math."
"Ok, and you? Besides what you've already told me?"
"OCD, really bad I have things in alphabetical order. My clothing consists of dark greys and blacks. I only listen to classical music."
"Could I persuade you to listen to the type of rap I listen to. It's none of that trap music stuff or hating women type."
"Perhaps I'd be open, if you listen to mine."
"Of course."
"Well put one on then." I got up and turn my radio on. We both fell silent listening carefully to the music. She laid back on my bed. I followed suit, she leaned her head on my shoulder, closing her eyes. My stomach became tingly just by the touch of her head on my shoulder. The song stops and I turn the radio off. "It's not bad, and neither are you."
"So is that saying you like it and you like me."
"Well Kinda." She smirked at me.
"I'll take that as a yes. Come I wanna show you something." I said going out the window. She followed the moon was almost full. It would be full in an hour or so. She followed me out the back and into the woods where a small hut sat. All the packs kids stayed there. I opened up the door and they were all running around. One of the girls ran up to me.
"Ms. Dawn who's your friend?" Kyla asked me.
I bent down towards her and said "This is Silver and she's going to be around for a while."
"She's very beautiful."
"Yes she is." I said grabbing her hand. "Silver, this is my friend Kyla. As upcoming alpha my job is to make sure the kids are safe and most importantly grow up to be better wolves than our ancestors."
Silver stepped forward and shook her hand. Kyla looked up at me and I shook my head at her.
"Ms. Silver do you wanna play?"
"Absolutely." She said allowing the girl to pull her off. I went to the others to go and play around with them. It was getting a little late so I rounded them all up and put them all to bed. I pulled Silver up after a the kids have fallen asleep. Heading back to the house. I felt pain in my chest. "Hey Dawn you ok."
"Yeah. Ahhh." Pain. My body began to shift. Bones coming out of socket changing, morphing me. Hair coming out in places they haven't before.
"Oh my god... you're beautiful." I tried to talk but a growl came out. "You're a wolf. Dawn, this is amazing." I looked down paws were where my hands and feet were. I looked up at Silver, and tilted my head at her. She reached out and touched my fur. I whipped my body to where she was on top of me. I ran throughout the woods going deeper, it felt great. The air flowing through me with Silver there. I ran going back towards the house. When I got back I howled. That's when my mum came outside.
"Dawn, is that you?" And I howled back. "Silver go inside and grab a blanket from the closet on the left." When she came out my mum told her to wrap the blanket around me and when she did I changed back to my human form.
"Mum did you see that? That was amazing. What did I look like?" I asked.
"Beautiful, all white. Glowingly white. Go inside take Silver with you." I smiled and grabbed her hand pulling her in. I can't believe it.