17

Silver's point of view

It's been months and Dawn is still in a coma. She's alive otherwise I wouldn't be. I miss my wife, she's done absolutely everything to protect me. I know she misses me because every now and then her thoughts come through and all I ever hear is a faint whisper of my name.
The kids never leave her side. I've been to the library hundreds of times trying to find anything, any way of waking my girl up. And I haven't found one thing. Dawn's mom and dad are always in and out trying to talk to her and the kids to tell them to let her breathe. They're babies still really so they don't know.
I walked into the room feeling discouraged again, laying down curled up next to her. I know it's weird of me to sleep but I close my eyes and after all the research I've done today I fall into a deep sleep.

               "Babe can you come here look what I found."
              "What is it Dawn? I've never seen that book before."
            "That's because this book is hidden. Silver remember that bracelet I gave you."
"Yes but what does that have to do with the book?"
"Babe, it's the only thing that can open this and find you this book."

I woke up from the dream I was having but I knew I had to first find that bracelet then find that book. I got up and kissed Dawn on the forehead.
"You're a smart woman you know that." I whisper to her.
Running to our room throwing things around, going through every piece of jewelry that we have until I found Dawn's lucky bracelet. I put it on and run to the library. Clutching the bracelet to my chest, wishing for any book to pop out and be the book in the dream. That is until I hear a thud in what sounded like inside of the wall.
I run towards the wall closer putting my head to the wall so I can pinpoint exactly where the noise is coming from. Before realizing there's a hidden door in the library that I would have never even found if I didn't have that dream of my beautiful wife. The impression of the lock for the door that looks like one of the emblems on the bracelet so I put it up to it and it's a perfect fit. So I turn the lock and the secret room to the library opens.
Walking around in the room the book opens to a page, without me even touching it. I read the words that were scribbled upon the page. There's no way she would want me to do this to her, would she. I mark the page and grab the book as I start running for her mom. I run, until I get to the den her parents stayed in now that Dawn was alpha.
"Mom, have you seen this book before?" I asked.
"Wow, where did you find that, I haven't seen that book in ages."
"Are you aware about what it says here." I said showing her the book.
"Silver sweetie, I was never able to open that book. Where did you find it, and how did you get it open?"
"Well it was hidden in the secret room in the library, and I sorta had a dream of Dawn telling me to only way to find and open it was with her lucky bracelet."
"The one her aunt gave her, well it does make sense."
"Is this her telling me that she wants me to do this to wake her up?"
"If you had a dream of her telling you to find that book and that's the page it opened to I would assume so, that book was charmed the way it was by our ancient ancestors because the things in it could be very dangerous. But yes normally if she's communicating through dream because she can't speak to you in another form that is the reason."
"Okay, and would I have to have the elders permission to do this."
"You'd have mine because that's my daughter."
"But do I have to go in front of them and ask."
"Well there hasn't been a Half breed in centuries and one of your kids could be one and because of that I think they'll let you. Would you like me to ask or are you gonna do it no matter what they say."
"If they tell me no I'll still do it."
"My thoughts exactly, just do it."
I ran off back to the room my baby was in, studying her. Before gently placing the book down, reading it carefully one more time before I actually did this. I closed my eyes as my fangs came out long and sharp. I could hear her heartbeat thickening, I tilted her head to the side giving access to her jugular.
I haven't actually bitten someone in so long. I breathed in and gulped as I bit down on my wife's neck. Blood pooling into my mouth as I sucked on her neck. The taste was different than a humans. The humans would be sweet with a hint of bitter, as a wolves like hers tasted savory, like it had a thickness. It was unbelievable. Then I realized this was my wife again and placed the venom in her bloodstream.
I released her neck letting the venom travel through her body, I watch as Dawn's body would twist and turn, changing form that looked painful. I watched as she change from human form to wolf form. Then I heard her screams, I knew this was going to be painful.
Fangs popped out of her mouth as she changed again, it was hard to watch as her spine moved. I waited knowing she might need blood to make it faster for her to change so I grabbed some blood bags, cut them open but as soon as I did that her head turned her eye stared me down, more like she stared the bag of blood down. I brought her the bag and she practically snatched it from my hand. She drank at least three bags of blood before the changing finally died down. She fell asleep, or at least I hoped.