Wedding Day

Bree had just graduated from college with her master's degree. Which meant it was time to finally get married to the love of her life...Conner Bailey. She and Conner didn't want a big wedding. To be honest, they could have just gone to the courthouse and signed the papers, but their family disagreed. They wanted to plan a big wedding for them, but Conner and Bree convinced them to plan a small wedding with just close family and friends.

Bree and Conner chose a venue out in California where all their family and friends lived. It was a really nice hotel that was on the beach. Their ceremony would be on a grassy field overlooking the beach and the reception was going to be on the same field just feet away with fairy lights hanging from the trees, a dance floor and tables with flower and leaf centerpieces on them.

It was the day of the wedding and things were crazy. Alex, Arianna (Brees mom), and Charlotte were setting everything up at the hotel with the help of the hotel staff.

"The flowers are supposed to be on the tables for the reception," Alex told one of the hotel staff members. Conner then came out of the hotel and saw everyone rushing around.

"Everythings not done yet?" Conner said panicked loosening his tie.

"It almost is. Don't worry." Alex said walking over to her brother.

"Why am I so nervous?" Conner said and wiped his forehead with a cloth napkin from the table.

"Conner!" Alex whined because of the cloth napkin. "We just have enough cloth napkins."

"Sorry, but why am I so nervous?" Conner said and sat down on one of the chairs. "I've known Bree for years and she's always felt like family to me, so why am I so nervous to make it official?"

"Everyone feels that way on their wedding day. It just comes with the day. Once the ceremony is over your going to feel so relieved and your lives will go on the way it's always been."

"I hope so because I wouldn't change a thing," Conner said and stood up and looked over to the table full of food. "Could I just take one bacon-wrapped scallop? I'm starving!"

"Absolutely not!" Alex said and pushed her brother to the door. "There's a McDonalds not far from here. Plus the ceremony starts in an hour, I think you'll survive."

"Fine," Conner said. "I'll go see if the hotel has any more of those pillow mints."

Conner walked back into the hotel, and Alex walked over to Arianna and Charlottle who were fixing the centerpieces on the tables.

"Alex honey you should go get dressed. We're starting in an hour." Charlotte said. Charlotte was wearing a floor-length royal blue flowing dress with long bell sleeves and a silver belt. Her hair was down and curled and she wore a pair of silver heels.

"No there's still so much to do," Alex said.

"Alex, you're the maid of honor. You should be with Bree and the others upstairs. You've done enough here." Arianna said. Arianna was wearing a rosegold knee-length dress that was off the shoulder. Her hair was long so it was put into a side braid and wore a pair of platform heels.

"Your right. I'll see you both in an hour." Alex said and she ran back into the hotel and into the elevator to the 8th floor. Alex got off the elevator and knocked on the door of room 805. Maddie, Bree's best friend, opened the door.

"Alex! Thank God! We've been trying to call you for the past 30 minutes," Maddie said pulling Alex into the room. The room was small and smelled like perfume and hairspray.

"Alex, how is everything downstairs? Bree said as one of her friends, Ashley from college, did her hair and makeup.

"It's going well, everything is almost set up," Alex said.