Christmas Baby

(This is probably the longest chapter I've ever written! So, I hope you like it and like and comment! Enjoy!) Disneylove8 😄😁

It was Christmas time and to get away from the bitter cold Conner and Bree decided to head to California to spend Christmas with their family, but to also have their baby. They wanted to have their baby in California because not everyone was able to get to New York City. Bree was due two weeks before Christmas so Conner was rushing to all the stores to get everything they still needed and he even brought his sister Alex along.

"Ok, what do you think a baby needs the first day of being in the world?" Conner said as he pushed the cart around the baby store and rubbed his eyes.

"Well you guys definitely need a baby swaddle, some binkies, and bottles," Alex said and put them in the cart. "Why haven't you guys gotten any of these things yet?"

"Alex it's been a rough 9 months."

"What's wrong?"

"The baby is insanely healthy but Bree is not herself. It breaks me seeing her in pain every day. She's not doing well with this pregnancy. I'm scared that we may not have another."

"It's that bad?" Alex said.

"Yeah, it was tough to get here. We almost couldn't come, because she was in so much pain." Conner said and looked at a list on his phone. "Ok, we got bottles, binkies, and a swaddle, now we need some diapers."

"So are you guys coming to the Christmas party at mom's house on Christmas Eve?" Alex asked. "Everyone's going to be there, they really want to see you and Bree."

"Mom and Bob's party was last week, she's having another?"

"It was last week, but this one is the annual Christmas party with the fairy council and all of our friends. You couldn't come to the one last week in the fairytale work, so we decided to have a little one here with you guys."

"Alex, that's really thoughtful, but I'm just not sure. Our doctor put Bree on strict bedrest. She's way overdue. She was originally due December 11th."

"I hope you guys can make it. I think Red really wants to give you some baby clothes and Goldie really wants to talk to Bree about pregnancy." Alex said.

"It will be nice to see them again. It's been so long." Conner said and put a packet of diapers in the cart. "But if we can't make it, Bree's family is having a Christmas party tonight and you can come with Mom and Bob."

"That sounds like a plan." Alex said. "So do you guys have a crib or a bassinet?"

"Bree's mom bought a bassinet for us that swaddles the baby as it sleeps. Apparently, it's the best baby technology on the market." Conner said and rubbed eyes. "Alex...I haven't slept in days! I'm so scared. This child is my responsibility for the rest of my life. What if I'm not a good father? What if something goes wrong? What if I never sleep again? What if something happens to Bree?"

"Conner, stop stressing out!!" Alex screamed in the middle of the store to her brother's face. "You are going to be the best dad in the entire world! I have no doubt. Plus, I can guarantee you'll never sleep again. You're a parent it comes with the job. Also, have you been watching births gone wrong again?"

"I need to be prepared if anything happens!" Conner said and rubbed his red puffy eyes. His phone then went off and he took it out of his pocket. It was Bree texting him.

"What's wrong?"

"Bree's asking for me to come home," Conner said. "I'm going to go pick up some food for her."