Unexpected Friendship

(This is a chapter about how Alex and Bree became friends.  So this chapter begins on the first day of school after the war in New York).

The war between the Otherworld and the Fairytale was over and it was time for everything to go back to normal and it was time for long-awaited peace. Twins, Alex and Conner were especially looking forward to this.

It was the start of summer, and Alex, Conner, and their friends were still busy rebuilding the Fairytale World, but it was almost done. The group of friends minus Conner, were in the Center Kingdom helping and overlooking the rebuilding of the library.

"I think the library is the last thing, and your kingdom will be finished Red," Alex said as she magically put shelves on the walls and placed books on them.

"I'm not happy that the war happened, but I am glad that we can rebuild this boring and bland library," Red said as overlooked everyone's work. "NO!! The romance section is upstairs not down here!"

Red rushed over to the other side of the library and Froggy walked over to Alex.

"The library is looking great Alex." He said. "Thank you so much for your help."

"No problem, it's my job," Alex said. "A little magic definitely can go a long way. So where are Goldilocks and Jack?"

"I think they are fixing up Jack's old house. I talked to Jack yesterday and he said that he's trying to convince Goldilocks to move back into that house, for Hero's safety, but she's hesitant."

"Knowing Goldilocks she'll never go for it, but now she has a baby now. We'll just have to wait and see." Alex said.

"Wait I haven't seen Conner this morning. Where is he?"

"I think he's talking to our mom, he should be here soon. He's planning on moving back to the Otherworld soon."

"MY LIFE JUST KEEPS GETTING WORSE!" A voice shouted. Froggy and Alex turned their heads and saw Conner bursting into the library.

"What's going on?" Alex asked as she and Froggy walked over to him.

"I was just talking to mom. Apparently she could fake my transfer, but she couldn't fake my school records. So since my school can't find them, I have to go to...summer school!!"

"Conner the way your talking makes it seem like it's the worst thing in the world," Alex said and rolled her eyes.

"Instead of going to school, I was searching for our long lost evil uncle, traveling through various books and short stories, and fought in a war! Why should I have to attend summer school?!!" Conner said and groaned.

"It won't be that bad," Alex said.

"You do realize this means I can't come and help you rebuild," Conner said.

"Oh yeah. You can still come after school and after you've finished your homework."

"Ugh!!! Just thinking about doing summer homework is making me stressed!" Conner said and rubbed his eyes.

"When does summer school start?" Froggy asked.

"Tomorrow," Conner said. "I have to leave today though to get my books. I'm sorry Alex. I don't want to leave because we've just started rebuilding, but I have to."

"No I want you to go. It'll be fine, we only have the Corner Kingdom and the Northern Kingdom left."

"Alex is right. We'll be fine don't worry." Froggy said.

"Ok, but I'm coming back every night."

"After you've finished your homework."

"Ugh, fine. After I've finished my homework." Conner said. "I've got to go, see you tonight."