Unexpected Friendship Part 2

Alex and Bree appeared in the Fairytale World in a Northern Kingdom pasture surrounded by sheep.

"Whoa this is a lot of sheep," Bree said.

"Yeah, now everyone is upset because they don't know which sheep belongs to who."

"Listen, Alex, I know you think it's weird that I asked you if you want to hang out.  But I think it would be good for both of us."

"How so?" 

"You do realize that your only friends are adults and no one your own age, besides Arthur and Conner.  Also, my friends suck and I just dumped them."  Bree said.  "Plus I think your job is super cool and I hate mine."

"Ok, I could use some help.  Froggy and Red are talking to villagers and I have no idea where Goldilocks and Jack are."  Alex said.  "I guess I could use a friend my own age.  Plus I barely know you and you've helped us so much."

"Exactly!"

"There you are!"  Someone said walking towards them followed by another.  They both wore dirty overalls and had messed up hair.  One had blonde and the other had black.

"My name is Dirk and this is Mel."  The brown-haired farmer said.  "We've been waiting for you to fix this problem."

"Of course, so from what I've heard is that your fences dividing your lands were demolished in the war.  You need new ones?"

"Correct,"  Mel said.  "We'll start over there and you can start here.  We'll meet in the middle, and then we'll discuss how he stole my sheep."

"No I didn't!"  Dirk said.

"Gentlemen, we'll deal with the sheep problem after the fence,"  Alex said.  "Let's get started."

Dirk and Mel then went back to the front of their joining fields and Alex magically changed her Otherworld clothes back to her blue dress.

"So how are things with you and Arthur?"  Bree asked.  Alex waved her hands and a stack of wood appeared.

"Everything is going really well,"  Alex said.  "He's the sweetest and I really like Camelot. Everyone is really nice."

"That's great.  I've never been in a relationship."  Bree said.  "All the guys at my school are either weirdos, jocks, or jerks."

"What about Conner?"  Alex asked.  "What category does he fall in?"

"He's one of the nice ones,"  Bree said and smiled.

"So Bree, why weren't we friends in school?"  Alex asked.

"Maybe because I was in a really bad friend group and they weren't your biggest fans,"  Bree said.  "But we had more in common then I did with them.   We both like to read and learn.  You just were never open to friends."

"Yeah I was.  No one ever came and talked to me."  Alex said.

"I did once, but you kind of just brushed me off,"  Bree said.  "But you should have also tried and talked to people."

"I guess I was just really shy back then,"  Alex said.

"You really were,"  Bree said.  "But things have changed and I think we can be really good friends."

"Me too,"  Alex said.

"Listen after we finish this fence there's a concert in Willow Crest tonight.  I was going to go with my ex loser friends, but not anymore.  Do you want to go?"

"A concert?  I've actually never been to one."

"Seriously?"  Bree asked and Alex nodded.

"Ok, you have no social life, just a work-life,"  Bree said.  "Let's make a deal, if you let me help with the rebuild this world and help around because my homeworld is so boring, then I'll help give you a social life."