16. Your Head Kind Of Looks Like An Egg

August...

I stumble out of the truck and help Billy with his wheelchair. It's the last Monday of the month and we just came back from another visit at the hospital. I now hate this place, with its smell and white walls. Every time we're there, I want to scream in frustration and run away. But then, I remember I have cancer and that I have to fight it for Will and my friends. And I stay.

I feel drenched of all my energy and all I want to do is sleep for a century. Unfortunately, Embry and Quil are coming over, Kate being grounded. So I have to stay awake.

"Alexandra dear, go get some rest." Billy says once we've reached the porch. "Dr. Cullen said it could happen, the sudden fatigue. Don't push yourself." I know that, Dr. Cullen said it was due to the new medicine they are testing on me.

Dr. Cullen says my treatment is going well, only based on the fact that the tumor hasn't grown since the beginning of the year. What he said is pure bullshit. If the treatment was really working, I wouldn't feel worse than I've ever been, right ? I've been throwing up almost everyday, loosing more weight as the months fly by and my hair is just barely growing back.

I enter my room angrily and shut the door. Hard. I go to my desk, stare at all my stuff and shove everything on the side. The books fall on the ground and that's when I break. I begin crashing my room with all my strength. I throw books, pillows, clothes... I let out all my rage. I may sound crazy from the outside of my room but I don't give a damn.

I only stop when I hear a glass break. I look at my night-table to see my family picture on the ground. I rush to it and pick it up carefully. I sigh in relief when I see the picture isn't torn, only the glass.

The accident makes me come to realization of what I've done.

*****

After cleaning my room, I hear the doorbell and I run downstairs to greet Embry and Quil. I smile at them and they enter the house while joking.

"Alex." Embry suddenly says. "Can you tell me why your hand is bleeding ?" he asks me, his eyes filled with worry. I glance at my hand and gasp at the sight I have before me.

I go to the kitchen, cleaning my hand. "It's nothing." I tell them. "I just broke some glass."

"And why does it keep bleeding ? Like it's really bleeding a lot." Quil observes and I start feeling worried.

"I dunno. I'll get some bandages and it'll be okay." I say while going to the bathroom and doing so. I come back to the kitchen soon after. "Jake is in the garage, let's go !" I say, forcing a smile's appearance on my face.

We go outside and I hear a loud noise coming from where Jacob is working on a project, an old truck, I think.

"Jacob ! How are you doing, with Bella's project and all ?" Quil asks my cousin. I see Jake, his hands greasy and his hair messy, showing his middle finger at Embry and Quil, who are just laughing it out.

"Shut it guys ! I don't love her ! She just needs help !" he yells.

"Bella here, Bella there... Oh my gosh ! She asked for my help to fix her truck, so maybe she and I can now live a perfect romance !" Embry squeals, mocking Jacob's voice.

I raise my eyebrows to and Quil, who just shakes his head in disbelief. "He hasn't changed one bit, as you can see. He's still the crazy chick from last year."

"Shut up you dumbass !" Embry slaps his arm and even if it's just a few seconds after the impact, I can definitely see a bruise forming. When did he get so strong ? As to mark his point even more, he pushes Quil who goes tumbling down and falling on me. We are now on the ground, him on top of me.

"Quil ? I love you very much, but you gotta get the hell off of me !" I mutter, trying to catch my breath. It's as if an elephant were on me.

"Sorry !" he says as he gets off of me. "It was Embry's fault !" They are both acting like children.

I brush my jeans and face Embry, ready to kill him. "Wow, I guess I've never noticed it, but your head kind of looks like an egg." he says in amazement.

I give him a weird look. "Excuse me ?!" I say, grinding my teeth.

"Well your head, it's polished." he tells me.

"What Embry is saying Alexandra, is that you look the same, with or without your hair. Right Embry ?!" Jake says, stomping on Embry's foot. I let out a sigh of annoyance.

"Jacob Black, I can defend myself, thanks." I tell him. "And you Embry... hasn't anyone told you that when all the hair of a girl falls off, she doesn't really want to be compared to an egg." I explain while pointing at my head.

"Oops." he says, smiling like the idiot he is. He approaches me silently and carefully. "Can I touch your head ?" he whispers in my ears.

"Gosh !" I laugh. "Yes, you can !" He pats my head and awes in amazement.

"You know, your hair is restarting to grow." he tells me, with furrowed eyebrows.

"I noticed, but it's no big deal. I can't even see it." I say in defeat.

"Are you sure ? I definitely see black hair." he asks me.

"What ?!" I shriek. I touch my head to see if what he says is true. We can't say I have hair, but I can definitely say that my hair is back. I squeal in joy and dance to celebrate.

"Where ? Let me touch it !" Jacob demands, pushing Embry.

"This is awesome Alexandra !" Quil yells as he looks at my hair. I can't stop smiling while the boys start talking about the motorcycles

I don't even think of how strange this is.

Vote/Comment/Follow ! :)