46. They Took William With Them

Paul's POV

"Her parents gave you those files ?" I ask calmly at Billy after he finishes explaining the whole story.

"Yes, they are in my room, well hidden." he tells me which makes me roll my eyes.

"Let me guess : they are under your bed, with a ton of your stuff." I say and he sighs heavily.

"They would never be able to pass La Push's entrance without the pack noticing, which is why I hid them here."

He rolls away from me and grabs a framed picture, his eyes softening. "My sister was so much like Alexandra, she didn't want to be protected, even after she knew the vampires where after her. She had a strong nature, and so has my niece. Find her, Paul Lahote. I won't be able to lose another member of my family. Jacob got hurt during the battle, he can't help you. I won't tell him what's going on for his own health, you understand that, do you ?" he demands.

"Of course, he needs to rest. I'll go see Sam and we'll makes a plan."

I walk out of the house and keep my eyes on the ground.

"Where is Alex ?" a little boy asks from behind me.

I recognize Lexie's brother, looking heartbroken. "Um... She went on a road trip with some of her friends." I lie and he shakes his head.

He has big tears in his eyes, his expression similar to Alexandra's. "You're lying ! I heard you talking to Uncle Billy, you're a liar ! What is going on and where is my sister ?!" he stomps his foot

I try taking his arm, but he screams even louder. "I want MY SISTER !" he cries.

"Kid, ask your uncle, I have no idea where she is." I say, not convincingly enough.

"You were always with her, why aren't you with her right now ?! I know you like her a lot, so why don't you know where she is ?!" he asks me. "It's your fault that I don't have my sister !" he accuses me before running away towards the woods.

I let him go, because I know he needs to cool down.

*****

Alexandra's POV

I wake up, shivering. I fell asleep in a corner, both arms on each side of my body, trying not to move them.

I cringe when I sit up and look down : my arms are purple and blotches of blood can be seen under the skin. If I don't get healed right now, I'm afraid that I might not be able to use them anymore.

I cry a bit but wipe them away when the door opens. I try looking brave and cold, but I miserably fail.

Someone is pushed in the room and the door is closed. The woman has a white blouse, her eyes look around the room rapidly and stop when she notices me. She scrambles towards me before looking at my wounds. She mutters under her breath, scanning my body.

"O-okay !" she screams and another person enters.

Obviously, it's Gillian and a new vampire. It's a woman, she has red gloves and her eyes look thirstily at me and the doctor.

"Her arms need to be patched up, otherwise she'll soon die due to internal injuries and she also has a concussion, so..." she is cut off by Gillian.

He raises his hand and she chokes. Her hands fight an invisible monster, her eyes going crazy, droll comes out of her mouth, until she stops moving for good and her body slumps against the ground.

I look at her body which is soon taken away by some man. I wince when the woman vampire kneels in front of me, putting each of her hands on my arms.

"It'll hurt a bit." she tells me, closing her eyes.

Pain erupts in both my arms and I scream, trying to pull my arms out of her hands, but they don't bulge. It stops after a few moments and I'm left, painting on the cold, hard ground. I look at my arms, which are now looking pretty normal : the woman must have a power.

"Did you think I would've let you die, deary ?" Gillian chuckles darkly. "Torture may bring informations out of you, so beware. Where are the proofs ?" he asks and I spit out blood, slowly sitting up.

"I already told you : I DON'T FUCKING KNOW !" I shout at him

He shakes his head and sighs. "I guess you really want to experience several things during your stay here. Call Kuly." he says to the woman, who nods and leave.

"Your power is to kill people, no ?" I ask. "And hers is to heal through pain." I deduce and he puts his lips in a thin line.

"Maybe, maybe not... You'll never leave this place, you'll never know what's true or false : think what you want." he says mysteriously.

A bulky vampire comes in with things in his arms. He lets them down on the floor next to me and I can see what they are : sharp knives, toothbrushes, scissors and monstrous instruments. I try backing away, but he grabs my arm firmly and forces me to lay down.

He grabs a knife and places it on my wrist.

"Kuly right here is a master when it comes to torture." Gillian informs me. "He can make you faint for thirty seconds, feel great pain for an hour and so on. Tell me what I want to hear and he'll leave you alone."

I think about it : he is the worst person I've ever seen, even in those TV shows. I can't possibly tell him the papers he is searching for are in Billy's house, he will be a monster and kill everyone to get those.

"I don't know a thing about those papers." I say.

Gillian nods to Kuly who slices my wrist open.

*****

Paul's POV

"You catched a vampire's scent near their house ?" I ask Embry, who nods sadly for some strange reason. "If we follow the scent, we might find their secret hideout and retrieve Alexandra." I say enthusiastically. "Sam already agreed with you, so let's go."

"There's another thing that you need to know." he says, his head low.

He looks in my eyes.

"They took William with them."

Love you all ! :)

Vote/Comment/Follow ! :)