45. I Don't Know Where She Is

We have no news from the fight, even though Seth came here about an hour ago. I try reading my book, but Bella's constant talking makes it hard.

I cringe when I hear Bella and Edward, talking about their wedding. I was surprised, then completely disgusted when I learned that she had kissed Jacob though she was engaged to Edward.

I can't believe this girl.

"I don't want a big fancy wedding, Edward ! Your family and my family, plus friends, that's all we need !" she tells him.

"But you always told me how romantic weddings in the woods were, Bella. Don't you want one ?" he proposes and I immediately know what she's going to answer.

"Oh, well, if you want it so badly." she sighs, giving in. But really, she has that little smile which indicates that she won.

"I'm just going to walk." I tell Edward. "To get away from her horrible voice and personality." I add, under my breath.

I wave at Seth before walking away. There is no danger, so I can go alone. I walk in the woods, while reading. Yes, I can read and walk at the same time. I had a lot of practise, though.

"Don't care about this idiot, keep walking." I mutter silently. "He betrayed you, he deserves a painful death, don't play the nice hero. Keep wal... Oh gosh, you just had to save him, did you ?"

I'm so engrossed in my reading that I don't hear the footsteps behind me.

"Well, little girl. What are you doing here, so far away from the Cullens ?" he asks and I freeze, dropping my book in the snow.

I slowly turn around to see Gillian who is looking straight at me with a devilish smile, his red eyes checking my body from head to toes.

I scream and run, though I know it's useless. He catches my arm and I hit my head on his chest, which makes me dizzy.

"Sleep tight, human." he whispers in my ear, before raising his fist.

*****

"Uh..." I groan, sitting up and putting a hand on my forehead. This is one of the worst wake up I have ever had.

I glance around at the room in which Gillian put me in. I'm on a cold hard floor, there is no window and no furniture. I'm thankful for my winter clothes, because it's really cold in here. Colder than in the mountains.

"Where am I ?" I mumble to myself, standing up. I brush my hair out of my face and wince when I touch a bump.

I pull my hand back and see blood. "Oh, just perfect." I ironically say.

The wooden door opens and a woman comes in. She's a vampire, no doubt about that : too beautiful to be a human, red bloody eyes and a pale skin. She drops a tray in front of me and sneers.

"Food for the human." she says before leaving, locking the door behind her.

I look at the food and crunch my nose when I see what it is : dog food. I can't possibly eat that.

Their must be an after shock because I soon black out again.

*****

"Get up !" someone yells in my ears after throwing cold water on me.

I open my eyes and shudder from the sudden cold. It's colder, much colder than before.

Gillian is sitting on a chair with the woman next to him. She has a hand on his shoulder and looks at him lustfully. I mentally gag at this vision : how could someone love this monster ?

A man puts me on my feet and holds my hands together.

"Finally, she is awake !" Gillian exclaims, getting up.

He comes just in front of me and forcefully takes my chin in his hand.

"Such a beauty you are. Such a shame." He shakes his head. "Will you tell me what I want to know, little girl ?"

"Go to hell !" I spit in his face and he slowly wipes the saliva from his cheek. "Oh, wait you already are in it."

"Where are your manners, human ?!" the woman shouts from behind Gillian. She makes a move to slap me, but he raises his hand, making her stop.

"Stop, Lilith. The girl is traumatized, let's not make this worse than it already is." he warns her and she submits. He turns to look at me and his eyes slightly narrow. "Where are the proofs ?" he demands.

The proofs ? It must be the papers Billy talked to me about in the hospital...

"I have absolutely no idea." I tell him, my chin held high.

He sighs and nods to the man who is holding me in place.

"Do it."

The man kicks my legs and I stumble, a scream leaving my mouth. Oh my fucking god, that hurts like... I have no time to think because he hits my other leg, letting me fall against the ground. I pant heavily, no daring to scream again. I bite my inner cheek, fighting against the pain.

"No tears ?" Gillian looks at me, tilting his head. "You'll soon break, deary. And you'll beg for mercy, giving me the information I want. Next time you don't answer right, it's your arms." he tells me. "Where are the proofs your parents stole from me ?" he asks once again.

I weakly shake my head. "I... don't know !"

"Arms." he orders to the man, who picks me up and hits me on the forearms of each arm.

He throws me to the ground and hits my stomach with his feet. I cry, holding my stomach and protecting it as much as I can. He hits my arms repeatedly, not once stopping, until Gillian tells him to.

"Enough." he says and all attacks cease. "No food for you, deary. At least, not until I am satisfied with your answers. Let's go." he tells Lilith and the man.

They leave me alone in the cold room, with my pain and broken arms. I allow myself to cry a little, cradling both my arms. The skin is red, the bones are poking from under the skin and they are dislocated from their original position.

I'm in hell.

*****

Paul's POV

"What do you mean by ' I don't know where she is' ?!" I yell at the leech.

He glares at me, but doesn't reply.

"You fucking lost her ?! I thought she was safe with you, but I guess I was fucking wrong !" I shout, kicking everything in my way.

Where is she ?! I can't believe she just... disappeared after all that we've told each other. Fuck, I thought that after the battle, we could finally be happy, but I guess I was wrong.

"Paul !" Seth says, capturing my attention. "We catched the scent of Alex in the forest, far away from the tent."

I push him, walking away from all of them. They couldn't keep an eye on my imprint, I won't play 'nice and polite'.

I transform, running to the emplacement of where the scent of Lexie disappears.

I arrive there, but everything seems normal, not disturbed. I'm about to continue, until I see an open book in the snow. It must be Alexandra's. I go back in my human form and pick it up, looking at the title.

I laugh sadly when I see it's one of her favorite books. She just loves sci-fi... I sniff the book and catch a new scent on it.

I freeze when I recognize a vampire's one : Gillian's. Oh fucking gosh, no. He can't have taken her away. I flip through the pages and see that a page has been teared off. On the back cover, he wrote something :

Billy Black, it's your move.

PS : you too, Paul Lahote. Your imprint isn't staying in a five star hotel, you know :)

What he wrote makes my blood boil and I immediately run to Black's house. Time to get some real answers.