40. Is He Thinking Of Hitting Me ?

"I have to tell you something. See, about a month and a half ago, after you told me about the legend, I went into the woods. And there, I had some weird visions about Mom and Dad : it wasn't anything from my memory, but more there's. Could it be my power ?" I say to the mirror.

"Sure. Go ahead and tell him that." Kate mutters from my bed and I sigh.

"What else can I say to him ? He was freaking out last night when Paul told him that Victoria had approached me. I have to tell him, it's eating my conscience !" I admit and put my face in my pillow.

"Ask Paul. After all, he is taking you to that party the vampires are giving, no ? Ask him on the way there and you'll see what he says."

"I can't." I talk in my pillow. "He'll think I'm crazy and dishonest. Both are true, but still..."

Kate takes my pillow and I let out a small scream of surprise. "Please, he's totally whipped. I say, you tell him about the two thingies you are hiding from him and then, you wait for his reaction. Judge him : if he is supportive, he's perfect, if not, kick his ass."

I giggle before looking at my friend. "I'll tell him about the first one, the weirdest."

She shakes her head. "You are going to regret it."

*****

"You look beautiful, tonight." Paul says when I step out of the house.

I raise my eyebrows. "So, every other night, I'm ugly ?"

"No, no, no ! Not at all, it's just that..." he gushes and I laugh.

"Chill, Paul. It was a joke. Thanks." I blush slightly and follow him as we walk to his car.

Kate made me wear a black skirt which stops above my knees and a white blouse. I hesitated for the top because it showed more skin than I usually let anyone see. I checked if some of my scars were visible, ones that I got from the car accident, but it was fine. I refused to wear high heels, I preferred my Converses.

We don't say anything in the car and I play with my hands nervously. It looks so much like a date. I decide to tell him about my visions, like Katherine advised me to.

"I had strange visions in my head about a month and a half ago." I blurt out.

"What ?" he laughs, taking a turn and entering a small road in the woods.

"When you told me that I was your, um, imprint, I was in the woods, right ?" I tell him and he nods. "Well, before you came, I had memories that belonged, I presume, to my parents. It was strange and I wanted to tell Billy, but you came. After, everything just kind of fell off and I didn't get to tell my uncle about this. I wanted to ask you how I should tell him." I explain and look at him.

His hands are tight on the steering wheel and he stares in front of us. "We will ask the Cullen's tonight, along with the other things." he tells me, without looking once at me.

I don't say anything. I wish he could reassure me.

*****

"I'll go inside and search for any of them." I tell Paul and leave before he can stop me.

When I enter the house, I blink multiple times to readjust my eyesight : there are lights everywhere, the house is full of teenagers, music is so loud that I momentarily go deaf and I can't see any Cullen.

I frown deeply and began searching for them. Some boys whistle at me, I ignore them and continue my search. Suddenly, a hand grabs my arm and makes me turn around. I face a boy with blond hair and brown eyes who has a smirk plastered on his face. He keeps his hand on my arm, which is rude considering the fact that I don't know who the heck he is.