8. Nimbus

Brea was on her way back to S.T.A.R Labs. It became her home away from home, since that's where she's been spending most of her time after her awakening. There were burning questions edging through her mind, but she pushed them aside once she heard other voices.

"Fascinating, a metahuman that can manipulate poisonous gas." Dr. Wells said.

"Is it just poisonous gas, or can he control all aerated substances?" asked Cisco.

"And how is he able to formulate the connection? Is it physiological or psychological?" added Caitlin.

The three rotated around with information on their newest suspect as Brea wedged herself between Barry and her father, who looked confused on everything that was being discussed. "They get really excited about this stuff." Barry said to Joe.

"The only thing I'm excited about is putting criminals behind bars except Iron Heights isn't exactly equipped to handle metahumans." Joe said.

"Then I guess it's fortunate the ones you've encountered so far are no longer with us." Wells replied, bluntly.

"No, my dad is right. Unless we plan on executing every super criminal we stop, we need to come up with someplace else to hold them." Brea said.

"A metahuman prison. Sweet."

"Until we figure a way to remove their powers."

"There is one place here that might hold them." Cisco suggested. He exchanged looks with Wells and Caitlin.

"You can't be serious. I mean we haven't been down there since-" Caitlin started. "It's cordoned off."

"Cisco's right. It can be modified to act as a makeshift prison." Wells agreed.

"What could?" asked Barry.

"The particle accelerator." Wells went on to describe how convenient the space would be while Caitlin stared off into space. She held a frightened look as she daydreamed. Wells eventually snapped her out of it. "Caitlin, did you hear me? We're going down to the accelerator ring."

Barry saw how scared and traumatized Caitlin was and told the team that he'd partner with her to examine the poisonous gas. Brea stayed behind with Cisco and Wells to see the infamous accelerator ring.

"The copper in the tube is arranged to form cavities and we can use those cavities as containment cells." Wells explained as the three walked through the entrance. "Of course, we'll have to design them to counteract metahuman abilities, but might just work."

He gave more instructions that Cisco insisted to follow but was denied. Wells left leaving Brea and Cisco alone. "I was never told what went down that night." Brea said, looking at the vacant space.

"I still can't believe that it even happened." Cisco replied.

"Want to talk about it?"

It took a moment for Cisco to gather his thought, trying to find the words to make sense of the situation. "That day was supposed to be the day Cisco Ramon made a name for himself. It felt good to be on the winning team for once, you know? Launched the accelerator and victory was ours. Moments later, the entire system collapsed and everything went left from there. I lost a very good friend of mine in this same room."

Brea put her hand on Cisco's shoulder, hoping it would give some sort of comfort. "I'm so sorry, Cisco. It must be hard for you to be in here right now."

"I just wish I could go back and fix it."

Wells returned to the accelerator ring to tell them that everything was ready to go. Brea skipped ahead and went back to the cortex while Wells stopped Cisco. "Must be hard coming back down here. A lot happened that night. If you feel the need to talk-"