12. Power Outage

"You need to tell the police not to confront him. He dangerous." Barry voice was heard when Brea and Iris entered his lab at CCPD.

"Who's dangerous?" Iris asked."

"No one, just some thief." Joe answered. He and Barry seemed to be on edge, Joe more than Barry. Brea could tell.

"Well." Iris continued. "Criminals better watch out. Cops in Central City are the best there are, and if you can't protect this city, Dad, I know The Flash will." She said. The Flash was the new nickname for the new hero. Barry helped Iris come up with it after mending their friendship.

"What if he can't?" Barry asked. "What if he's gone? Or maybe he's just done, or maybe it's like whatever he could do before, he can't do anymore."

"Barry, what the hell are you talking about?" Brea furrowed her eyebrows.

Joe put his hand on Barry's shoulder to get him to stop rambling. "Barry, don't you have someplace to be?"

"Yeah, going."

"I'm coming with you." Brea followed him out the lab. "What were you talking about earlier? Why wouldn't you be able to protect the city?" She asked in a low whisper as they tread down the steps towards the elevator.

"The new metahuman. He controls electricity, I don't know. When I went to go fight, he zapped me and somehow took my speed away. My speed is gone, Brea, and there's no telling if I could get it back." Barry said, quieting his tone when the elevator doors opened, revealing two cops and a criminal. Brea paid no mind when the criminal complimented Barry's watch.

"You'll get your powers back, soon. We'll figure it out."

~

Barry stood in front of the display case where his suit resided. Brea left his side to help Cisco with identifying the metahuman. "You think I'll ever wear it again?" He asked when Caitlin walk up behind him.

"I hope so." She answered.

Barry sighed and continued staring at his suit for a moment. "I didn't have my speed for very long, but now that it's gone, it feels like part of me is gone too. "

"With or without your speed, you're still you, Barry,"

"But I'm not. I'm not the best version of me. I love being The Flash."  A smile grew on his face. "I love everything about it; the feeling of running hundreds of miles per hour, wind and power just rushing past my face, being able to help people. I'm not sure I can live without it, Caitlin."

The doctor went to take a step closer to the speedster but was interrupted by Cisco and Brea with new information. "Farooq Gibran." Cisco announced.

"Our new meta." Brea continued seeing the slight confusion on Barry and Caitlin's faces. "Cisco hacked into the surveillance footage from the Petersburg substation. It was easy to find a match once we got his face."

She ventured off to the computers hoping to do a bit more digging. Working with Felicity Smoak gave her some advantages on tech, although she'd much rather be out in the field now more than ever with her newfound abilities. A beep came from one of the monitors that caught her attention and she froze from the sight. Outside of S.T.A.R Labs was Farooq himself.

Cisco marched over to see for himself. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me. This is not happening."

"Dr. Harrison Wells. I need to see you!" Farooq yelled to the camera. "Come on, I know you're inside. Open the door. I just want to talk, Dr. Wells."

The gang knew nothing good would come from this interaction if Dr. Wells decided to step out of the quarters, so they needed to think of a plan quickly. Unfortunately for them, Farooq thought it best to cause a citywide blackout, allowing him entrance into the laboratory. Barry's first instinct was to call Joe, but it was no use as to all his calls went straight to voicemails, so he called the next best thing.