10. Plastique

Barry was staring at Iris from across the bar. They thought it would be nice to invite everyone out, including Cisco, Caitlin, and Eddie, just for fun. Iris stayed close to Eddie, cheering him on as he threw darts at the dart board. Brea wasted no time, occupying herself at the bar top, not too far from everyone else. She watched as Barry's gaze linger on her sister, downing shots one by one. The effects of the alcohol hadn't settled in yet, but the sight of her crush pining over her sister made her wish it had.

"I'm glad you invited Caitlin and Cisco." Iris told Barry.

"They're cool, right?"

"They saved your life, Barry. That makes them the coolest people I've ever met." Iris said with a smile.

Brea obnoxiously wedged herself between the two. "They saved my life, too. Don't forget that." She said.

"How can I? It's nice that you all became friends." Iris said, raising her shot glass, with Barry and Brea following suit. "To friends, old and new." The three tossed their heads back and downed the alcohol. Iris went back to continue the game of darts and Barry and Brea went to where Cisco and Caitlin sat.

"Guys, I have a problem." Barry started.

Cisco kept his gaze on Eddie. "We all do when guys like him exist."

"Yeah, he's so hot." Caitlin commented. "Uh, I mean, genetically speaking, because I'm a geneticist, of course. Oh, my God, do I sound like Felicity?"

"Very much so and it is just as annoying." Brea said, gaining an eye roll from the brunette.

"I'm not talking about Eddie. I'm talking about this." Using his superspeed, Barry drank out of the shot glasses that he bought over and he didn't seem affected at all. "I can't feel anything."

"Yeah, that's usually what happens when you drink too much." pointed out Cisco.

"No, the alcohol is not affecting me. I mean I literally feel nothing."

"It's your hyper metabolism. I need a sample." Caitlin quickly dug into her purse and Cisco made his way back to the bar for more shots. "I swear I had a vacutainer here."

"You carry a blood collection kit in your purse?" asked Brea.

"You have your hobbies." Caitlin retorted.

When Cisco returned, the four tested to see if Barry's inability to become intoxicated would fade away, but unfortunately, it didn't. "I can't get drunk. I'm only 25 and my drinking days are over."

"Well, I will gladly drink for the two of us." Brea teased.

Eddie called Barry over for a game of darts, but received a text message. "There's a bombing on 8th and Pass. I got to go, babe." Eddie gave Iris a kiss on the lips before attending to his detective duties. Iris also left, saying she had an early shift at Jitters the next morning and promised Brea she'd see her at home. Barry raced out the bar to get his suit and made his way to the scene.

"Guys, there's a window washer, and he's going to fall." Barry said.

"Don't try to catch him. You don't have super strength. That's Brea and she's not on the field yet." Cisco told him.

"Well, is there, like, a bed store near here? What if I get a bunch of mattresses and stack them?" Barry asked.

"Barry, this isn't a roadrunner cartoon." He heard Caitlin say.

The window washer continued to scream for help as Barry came up with a new plan. "How fast would I need to go to run up the side of a building?"

"How far up do you need to go? asked Cisco.