Chapter 8

Scott's POV:

I got up extra early today so I can do my farm work and not get late for school. The sun hasn't even started to rise yet. But it was a beautiful Tuesday morning. I quickly fed the goats,pigs,cows,sheep,chickens, and all the animals. That was the easy part. Now I have to collect the eggs.

I was quickly, but carefully, collecting each egg before our chickens came back, they're either bipolar, or they hate me so much. Rodney and Alberta thinks it's funny! They need to try this then. That will change their minds.

" one two three four.." I was counting how many eggs I had and I was pretty much finished. When I walk out of the smelly, cramped chicken coop, all the chickens started chasing me.

"I just fed you! Shoo! Go! Get away! Ow! Stop that you beasts!" I said as they started pecking my feet which really hurt.

In the background, I could see Rodney and Alberta trying to hold in their laughter. I could hear them say things like, "he's scared of chickens and sharks!" And they wouldn't stop laughing.

After I finished my chores, and ate breakfast. (Which was one of ma's old recipes) I quickly got changed into some jeans and a regular old t-shirt. And walked out the door to school.

As I was walking, I could see dawn's house. It was the nice two story house that's been here before pappy was even born. I could see what I think was her room with some blue walls and purple curtains. It just felt like her so it's my guess.

Dawn's POV:

I woke up in my room, with multiple shades of blues, purples, and greens. And I didn't want to get up, my bed was to comfy and I felt like my room could protect me from anything that would happen today. But yet, I got up and quickly slipped on a the blue starry shirt I got and some faded jeans with my old sneakers and put my hair in a braid and ran out the door.

I then started the car, as I drove I saw scott up ahead. I knew we were enemies, but it wouldn't hurt to give him a ride would it?

Scott's POV:

Next to me, a white car pulled up and the windows rolled down to reveal Dawn. "What do you want creepy girl?" I asked.

"I was just going to ask if you wanted a ride, is that okay Mr.Freckles? Or are to cool to accept a ride?" She said with no tone. She looked like she was staring in to my soul. Is she reading my aura?

A moment of silence was now broken as she said, "well? Are you getting in or not? I don't have all day.." She said annoyed.

"U-uh yeah I'll accept your ride, on one condition, don't call me Mr. Freckles again." I said with a smirk. I saw a smile crept up her face, but it disappeared in a blink of the eye.

Dawn's POV:

After Scott got in the car, we stayed silent for a while as I concentrated on driving.

Scott then turned on the radio, and by the looks of it felt more comfortable.

Once we got to school, I found a parking space and Scott said that they don't get much new kids in the high school, so I was going to be a big deal. Great. Just what I need.

I noticed all the kids were staring at me, I turned to Scott but he was already gone. Most of the kids had similar auras and personalities as the did at my old school. So I didn't study on to many of them as I went to pick up my schedule, a girl with brown hair and purple streaks in her hair walked to my locker. I immediately read her aura, she was kind, quiet, and sweet. "H-hi I'm Nina. And you are dawn from tdroti! I can't believe I'm talking to you! I rooted for you all the way!" Nina said to me. "Hi Nina, nice to meet you!"

I think I just made my first friend here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ta da! First day of school.

Who is nina? It's a oc I made of myself. We even have purple hair which is where my nickname comes from. Thank you for voting, and everything. Well I'll have the next chapter up soon!!

~purple (Jenny)