Chapter 10

Scott's POV:

So far this year has gone by pretty good. Perfect grades, no Courtney drama, and I have no enemies pretty much since me and Dawn are on good terms. But, this was senior year. You're supposed to make it extra special, leave your mark.

I was walking around the farm just doing some stuff. I couldn't believe it was October already! Time to scare the little kids, and give them candy, and go to the parties, and grow the pumpkins! Wait, giving kids candy? No, I like to scare them! But their faces bright with joy..or maybe it's sugar rush? Any ways, I guess I have a tiny soft side.

After I finished my chores, I got last nights homework and my bags and left to dawn's house to see if I could get a ride. She usually pulled up at my front yard, but today I felt like going to her house. When I got there, I saw the white two story house looming over me like a giant. There were some Halloween decorations on the porch and her car was here, but I didn't see her anywhere. I walked up the porch and I could hear shuffling inside.

I knocked the door nicely, which I usually didn't do. I heard a voice say "be there in a second!" I waited outside looking at the yard. There was a black truck next to dawn's car. And there was many windows that I don't remember seeing. Lastly, a few willow trees that looked nice. Once the door opened, I saw a lady in her mid forties I guessed it was Dawn's mom. And the smell of bacon and pancakes wafted in the air. It made me realize I didn't eat breakfast this morning.

"Ohh! You must be one of dawn's friends! I'm guessing your Scott, since Nina has been here before. You know, I'm glad you and my daughter made up after that show!" She blabbered for ages. "Is dawn here? She usually drives me to school.." I said.

"Oh! She hasn't woken up yet. Dawn! Get up! Your friend is here!" She yelled that last part. "Come! Enjoy some breakfast! I have plenty for you scott!"

As much as she talks, she's really not that bad.

"You know..you'd be perfect for my daughter. You know as a boyfriend.." Her mom said while handing me a platter of pancakes,bacon, and rivers of syrup.

I nearly choked on the piece of delicious pancake I was eating when she said that. "We're just friends.." I said as I started thinking of me and dawn as a couple.

"Oh..to bad.." I heard her say.

Dawn's POV:

I jumped out of bed at the sound of my mom yelling to wake me up saying someone was here. I looked at my clock and saw it was 7:30 AM. I'm late! I was supposed to pick up Scott ten minutes ago! I quickly slipped on a tee shirt from the time I went to see Owl City and some jeans and quickly brushed my hair. Oh wait! I forgot my shoes! I quickly put on my plain sneakers and ran down the stairs smelling mom's food. I heard her talking to someone but I figured it was my dad. My step dad actually, incase you don't remember, my real dad is dead. Along with my brother.

"Oh..to bad.." I heard my mom say when I was at the bottom of our stairs.

"Mom I'm leaving! I'm late I was supposed to pick up Scott fifteen minutes ago and everything. I'll stop by Starbucks and get me something I won't starve my self again!" I said in a rush as I entered the kitchen I felt someone's presence.

"Ahh creepy girl, I came for a visit!" I heard Scott say.

"What? Oh Scott! I'm sorry I overslept and-" I said only to get cut off by my mom and him.

"Well you two better get going you love birds! Yes, I know your not dating blah blah blah teenagers these days!" She said.

"Oh uh.. Yeah let's get going dawn.." He said. He thanked my mom for the meal and we left.

Scott's POV:

Once we got in the car, I noticed how dawn looked today. She had her hair down like on the show, some band tee and some jeans. Her eyes were sparkling and her looked like a model's down the runway.

"So your mom was really nice.." I said.

"Yeah she's pretty cool, but she has her flaws, and she's acted different ever since something happened a few years back..oh and anything she said about relationships,just ignore." She said casually.

We then arrived to school and parted our ways. "See you in last period, Dawn."

"Yeah you to Scott."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok! Sorry about only doing one chapter tonight. I have a lot of family/ one friend birthdays this month. This is going to be a two parter most likely and should be up soon.

Yours truly,

Jenny.