Chapter 11

(Continued from chapter 10)

Scott's POV:

After the busy day I had, I went to my locker and pulled out my history textbook and some more pencils. When I walked in to class into my assigned seat I've kept all year,dawn hasn't got here yet. I overheard a conversation.

"Who's going to bash?" I heard one say.

"I am if I get a date.." Another said.

Oh that's right! The highschool is hosting a Halloween bash. It's pretty much a costume party,only for Jefferson high students. I've never gone, until last year where I went with Courtney. I'm probably just going just to get out of the house. I wonder who else would go?

Right then, dawn came in. She looked exactly like she did this morning. Her hair looked like it did on the show and I kinda liked it..

"Hi scott," she said as she sat down I front of me. "H-hey, dawn." I got kinda nervous for no reason. That or I haven't found the reason yet..

After class ended, I went to my locker and there was Courtney. "What do you want Courtney? I need to get to my locker." I said gesturing to the metal box behind her.

"I want another chance..I'm sorry for anything I did to make you mad Scotty..just please give me another-" she said before I cut her off to say "no. I've moved on. You need to move on, but that's kinda hard. I'm pretty handsome." I said.

"Well, are you going to the bash this year? Alone?" She asked.

Then all the kids in the hall crowded in at our conversation. I didn't know what to say I was about to just walk away when Dawn came in to my rescue.

"No, he's not. Now can you do what he asked? He asked you to leave. Oh and since I'm here, could you stop bullying me? I'm kinda sick ok it." She said. The ohhs from every one signaling the most popular girl in the school just got burned by Dawn. Courtney then walked off and muttered something to dawn.

"Thanks dawn. If you weren't here, my ego would be toasted." I said thankful for her help.

"No problem we wouldn't want someone's ego destroyed would we?" She said. I thought who I was going with now dawn said I wasn't going alone. "Well I guess you're going with me." She said. "Did I just say that aloud?" I asked. "That..and it was written in your unpredictable aura you have." She replied.

Dawn's POV:

I had no intention in putting myself in the role as Scott's date but here I am, his 'date' for that bash thing next weekend. I wasn't even planning on going. I had just dropped him off at his front gate just a few houses away from mine. I walked in to my house with a note on the back door in the kitchen, it said, "working late. Won't be back until 10:30 love mom and wesley." Unlike most parents, they put the note on the back door since i use it when i leave to go mediatate or concentrate. And sometimes, work on the project Scott and I are working on. I the walked to my room. It had blue walls and purple curtains and wooden floors. I sat on my bed with my homework and finished it so I could do my normal things before I get some sleep tonight. I then felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I saw Nina's number and quickly answered it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey! I can't believe it! You are incredible! And..I sense a little something in the air with you and scott! Tell. Me. Now." She said.

"How am incredible?" I asked.

"You stood up to Courtney! I can't remember the last person who stood up to her!" She squealed.

"Ok calm down. And what do you mean me and Scott?"

"Oh, everyone thinks you two are going together because of the locker incident earlier today.. But I think it'll be more than that." I could imagine that wink she had and her face right this very moment.

"It's just the dance. Nothing to..exciting. Now I gotta go see ya." I said as her line hung up.

Does everyone think we're dating?

Scott's POV:

I was walking around on the farm when I see a neighbor, I think his name is Zachary. Point is, he looked at me and said, "is it true your girlfriend stood up to your ex? Aw! Dude, that's really cool! I didn't think dawn was very though." He sounded excited.

"Umm, first of all I'm perfectly single at the moment, and two, no they just had a verbal moment. Still shocking though." I said to him as he ran off to do whatever.

I walked into the house when Rodney came up to me all happy and such. "What's going on?" I asked. "Oh nothing much..just that you got a girlfriend! Or at least a date to the bash! Good job little bro! Mom would be happy." He said as pappy entered and nodded and Alberta patting my back. I quickly made an excuse and went to my room.

Wow, gossip and rumors pass by quickly. Does everyone think we're dating?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyy! What did you think? I think I'm doing a good job, but I kinds wanna know what you think of my work..anyways, I'll leave you alone now.

~Jenny