Chapter 7: Meeting the King of the Boos

Taking you down the deepest, darkest hallway, the Boos looked at you with a smirk of delight. They were just so thrilled to hand you over to their king. As you sat there all tied up, you looked around your entire surroundings. There was just so many doors. You didn't know what to say or do. You were afraid of where they were taking you. You had to say something, but what? 

"... How is King Boo here? I thought he was trapped within a portrait?" You finally spoke.

The Boos both looked at each other before chuckling. "Oh? Well, let's say His Majesty wasn't going to be trapped in that dumb frame for long," one answered. 

"Yeah, he has his ways to escape!" Said the other. 

The two Boos finally made it to the door. It was like the rest of the doors, but what lies within is the biggest question. The Boos free you from your hold on the chair as you landed on your feet safely. 

"You freed me?" You asked. "What's behind that door?" You pointed.

"King Boo, that's who~" One Boo replied. The other two giggle deviously. 

You squint at what they were doing, but you nervously went to open the door. Upon opening it, you saw nothing. Suddenly, a trap floor opens up as you fall in, screaming. To think that door was a way in to see King Boo... It was a fake door. All you can hear is laughter from the Boos as you fall to your doom. You kept falling and falling until you fell on a spiral slide, sliding you all the way down to wherever it was leading you to. You screamed through the entire time. You finally landed on a pillow, rolling on it as you sat up, rubbing your head. You looked up and saw a big, grand door before you. Gulping, you got up, nervously walking to it.

"Oh, I hope he isn't bad as they say he is," you told yourself. You opened the door and see a throne room and within that throne room was a throne holding a floating man on it. He was holding his wine, sipping it as he grinned at you. His hand was to his cheek and leg on a knee. He chuckles.

"Salutations, my dear~," He says. "Welcome to my mansion. Do you like what you see? I am King Boo, King of the Boos and the Master of Illusions. Come in, I won't bite~" He beckons you forth with a gloved finger. 

"H-hi," you say, walking in as the doors closed behind you. "My name is-"

"(Y/N), correct?" He answered for you, taking a few swigs of his drink before getting up to walk towards you. 

You gasp. "How did you know?"

"I'm the King of the Boos. I see all, I know all. I have my Boos watch over this mansion and report to me whatever they have found here. Oh boy, they have found something and that something is you~" He walked up to you.

You blushed, backing up with sweat on your head. You were scared to be by him.

"Stay back!"

"Shhh, hush! I've been expecting you, my dear. No need to fear me~" He cups your chin. "Although I do love the smell, the taste of fear in which all you mortals have, I don't want to hurt you. Tell me, what is a little girl doing in a place like this with that foul plumber?"

You gulped, shaking in fear. But you needed to answer. You didn't trust this guy at all. "I am here with Luigi because w-we are looking for our friends, Professor E. Gadd, and Mario. What did you do to them?"

He laughed. "Oh, I have them in safe keeping for now before they die."

"What?! No! Please don't hurt them!" 

He let's go of your chin. "And why not? They've done terrible things to my subjects and I and I will not tolerate it anymore!" 

"Because Mario is my best friend and E. Gadd is my professor!!" You spat, angry that if anything happened to them, you would hurt King Boo. But let's face it, you can't hurt a ghost, let alone this guy.

His eyes widened, a low frown shown with disgust. "What?! Wait, so you work with Gadd?!" He quenched. "How could you work for that waste of flesh?"

"I needed a job, okay?! Why do you care?!"

He grabbed your arm, pulling you up. "Because anyone who works for him is just idiotic to see what he does for a living! He's a monster, not me!"

You struggled by his hold on you. "Let go! AHHH!" You screamed. You looked away from King Boo. "I am sorry! I am only an assistant to him, a maid! That's all I am ever good for! All I do is work and work! I never get any chance to go on adventures like Mario and Luigi do or see much of the outside at all. I never explored anywhere in my life!" You teared up.

Hearing this King Boo took it all in. He thought for a moment. 'Hmmm, even this scientist has gotten to her as well? Ehhh, maybe I will spare her. She doesn't look threatening anyways.' He lowers you down. "Forgive me, my dear. I just couldn't stand mortals who treat me with so much hate. Like those fools, you are with, for example, they have hurt my Boos, took them away from me, and even hurt me. We have done no wrong. We may have worked for King Koopa but that is another story. I work alone now." He rubbed your arm. "You poor thing, I was angry that was all. Can you find it in your heart to forgive me?" He gently lifts your hand to kiss it.

You looked down on him, blushing. You turned away, not knowing how to express all of this. Your only question was "Why are you being so nice to me?"