Chapter 9: The Portrait Visit Part 1

//I normally don't do updates in my chapters cause it feels to me it breaks the forth wall XP
Anyways, I'm back! I think I got this chapter figured out. I've been drawing and biking a lot so excuse my absent on this book.//

"This is it... I really just do this? This deal with a ghost?!" You think aloud.
There was no going back. You did this for your friends. You didn't want them to suffer in the hands of King Boo. This was your choice and you had to accept it.

"Hello, our soon-to-be queen!" A Boo ghost says. A few other regular ghosts came out of the floorboards, only making weird noises that isn't understandable but they, too were greeting you.
"King Boo ordered us to make sure you feel comfortable here. Do you wish to have some food or beverages?"

You crossed your arms. "I still don't get why you have food and drinks here. You guys are ghosts, you can't eat them! They go right through you!"

"Haha haha!" The Boo ghost giggles. "That's where you're wrong! Us Boos can consume things then normal spirits. We own food and drinks for when we have guests like you coming over- well actually, you're our queen soon so got to treat you with royalty and respect by feeding you."

You gave out a sigh, "I just wish my friends are physically with me again..." You had a tear in your eye.

"Yikes! We got to cheer her up or King Boo will get awfully cranky," the Boo ghost says, worried that he could pop up any moment to check up on you.
"Hey! Don't feel so blue yet! We can show you around here! What do you like? We have whatever room you want to see!"

You wiped your tear with your finger. "Room? Any? Um, well... I don't know." You were unsure about this. You are already nervous on moving an inch out of your own room. The mansion was creepy enough to traverse through. But in the back of your mind, you were curious.
"I really like to check if there is a library," you requested.

"A library, you say?" The Boo ghost says excitedly. "Of course there is! Come, come! Follow me! I can take you to a short cut of the room!" With that, the Boo ghost went through the wall. You followed by door.

As you passed more doors you paused. You couldn't move because you heard a familiar voice. You looked down a stairway leading down. Maybe down to the altar where your friends reside? You couldn't stand there. You went to take a few steps towards the stairs before suddenly, King Boo hovered above you.

"And just where do you think you're going, dear?" He asked.

"I hear my friends!" You said in anger. "I hear them! I want to see them!"

King Boo bit his lip, getting close to snapping at you over those plumbers and that scientist.

"Your highness!" The Boo ghost says, sweating ectoplasm drops off his body in fright. "I was taking your queen to the library! Do you wish for anything at-"

King Boo waved his hand, gesturing the Boo ghost to leave. "I like to take (Y/N) for a walk. Why not you tidy up the library for her when she returns?"

"O-Of course! I can totally do that!" The Boo ghost fled away.

"Wow, he sure seemed terrified," you said with a confused expression.

"They're terrified of me because I'm the king. They don't want me to get upset especially if it's about you. Now, you want to see your friends, right?"

"... Yes?" Now you just went blank for a moment before asking, "I thought I wouldn't be able to see them?"

"Physically of course! We mustn't have ANY of that. If they escape then my Boos and I will be doomed for all eternity in that very portrait I was in that your friends now stay. Come along, we hate to keep them waiting~" He gave a chuckle and a grin.

By the sounds of his sinister chuckles, you know this isn't good.

//Yeee, I know this was a short chapter but meh- The suspense is close enough to kill us all XP
The next chapter will be a little longer.//