Beach day Pt.2

Peter slowly trudged onto the cliche yellow bus dragging his feet behind him. He made his way to the middle of the bus and sat in front of MJ.

"What's wrong with you?" MJ questioned.

"Since when did you ever care?" Peter quipped while turning in his seat to face MJ.

"Well Ned's not here yet and you seem off," MJ says nonchalantly.

"Where's MJ and what have you done with her?" Peter asked followed by a small smile.

"Ha Ha" replied MJ with a small smile, she quickly realized and changed back to her neutral face while turning back to her book.

As Peter turned back around the smile stayed on his face. It meant a lot to him that MJ cared, even if she denied it, he knew. During Peter's mini thinking session Ned walked on the bus and plopped himself in the seat next to Peter.

"Hey, Peter" Ned waited for a reply but received none.

"Peter?" Ned asked again.

" Huh.. ooh hey Ned didn't see you there," Peter said slightly surprised. Stupid spider sense not being very useful.

"So how you feeling about our chaperons? Ned questioned trying to hide his excitement for Peter's sake.

"Uuuuhhh, don't remind me." Groaned Peter out of pure frustration with the thought of his family.

"It won't be that bad. You literally have the coolest people in the world as your family," said Ned as he attempted to console Peter about his social life. Or the one to come once the secret's split. 

"Dude you know them, you know what they're like. This is going to go anyway but smooth." replied an increasingly distraught Peter.

"Well, at least we won't see them till we reach the beach until them you can chill out." Peter visibly relaxed at Ned's words and was about to put his headphones when he heard.

"Hey, Parker ready to be humiliated?"

"What do you want Flash?" A now annoyed Peter said to the resident class bully.

"Oh, nothing just wondering if you're ready to be made a fool of."

"And how exactly will that be happening Flash? Peter questioned slightly confused.

"Oh, you know the Avengers are coming including Tony Stark. So we can finally know you're lying about your Stark internship." Flash said in a very clear smug tone with a smirk on his face.

"Hey, Flash". MJ said out of nowhere.

"What do you want? Flash replied slightly annoyed.

"My time back, cause you wasted it," MJ said in a very clear irritated voice with a hint of anger.

Flash was speechless. Meanwhile, the whole bus yelled.

"BURN!!!!"

It's then that Peter realized the whole class was watching his and Flash's exchange. Before Flash had a chance to respond the teacher walked on the bus.

"Flash take a seat, it's time to leave."

Flash sat down as the bus started moving not before giving Peter an 'angered' death glare. As the bus began to lose sight of the school Peter turned to MJ once again.

"Thanks"

"No problem loser" MJ replied not looking up from her book.

Peter chuckled and turned back to see Ned watching Star Wars. So, Peter decided to listen to some music enjoying his last moments of peace before the chaos begun.