Why Now?!

Thank you TheMetalArmedWolf  for the request

Peter was peacefully sitting in class while listening to Mr.Harrington drone on about today's lesson plan when his phone went off. At first, Peter let it go and put his phone in his bag to not get in trouble. While in his bag Peter's phone rang not once, twice but three times. By the third time, Mr.Harrington was fed up with the constant buzzing noise. So, when Peter's phone rang a fourth time he called Peter out.

"Peter! Will you please answer that insufferable thing!"

"Sorry, sir"

Peter went to grab his phone and as he looked at the Caller ID his heart jumped into his throat.

"Peter, speakerphone", said Mr.Harrignton in a tone of annoyance.

Peter didn't know how to respond so he just took a deep breath and hoped for the best as he pressed answer and switched the call to speakerphone.

*click*

"Hello?Peter?"

"Hey, Steve... Ummm-" steve cut Peter off before he had a chance to speak.

"Hey Peter, we need you at the Tower now. It's Stark his lab initiated protocol B.K.B. (Baby Knows Best)"

Peter's eyes widen in panic and stood up while saying "I'll be there as soon as I can", and with that Peter hung up, shoved all his stuff in his bag and went running out of door heading straight to the Tower. Forgetting all about his class and teacher that heard Steve say Tower... Lab... Protocol. The worst part is some of them recorded the whole conversation.

Next Day

Peter walked into school still slightly worried about Tony after yesterday's panic attack but Tony had convinced Peter he would be fine. Of course, Peter didn't fully believe him but he didn't have a choice since he had to go to school.

As Peter walked to his locker students turned to look and point at him while whispering and of course with Peter's enhanced hearing he could hear all of it. The only issue was it was all jumbled up, so Peter got of words; yesterday...Peter Parker... Phone call... Tony Stark... Lab. Hearing those words drained Peter and he began worrying meanwhile getting his stuff from his locker then heading to Ned.

"Hey Peter," said Ned as Peter greeted him.

"Heeey...." Peter replies but he dragged it out and got quiet at the end, this signaled Ned's best friend instincts.

"What's wrong dude?" questioned Ned with concern in his voice.

"Uhhh, Everyone knows about the phone call with Steve yesterday.... about Tony"

"Oh... well at least they know you're not lying about being an intern," Ned said trying to cheer up Peter by looking at the brighter side of things.

"I guess so," Peter said feeling a little better.

"Thanks, Ned," Peter said with a slight smile.

Honestly, he didn't know what he would do without Ned.

"No problem that's what friends are for. Now... let's go survive the day, hopefully. Sadly,  we've got Biology first" said Ned in a more cheerful mood now that Peter felt better.

And with that, the duo headed to class hoping no problems would arise.

—————————
Hey guys, I know it's short and I've been gone a while but it's something right? So did you like it? Do you want a part 2? Feel free to leave a request for a one-shot. I love when people comment and request. School's started almost two months ago so my schedule is settling down, for now. I'll try to get back into the swing of writing and I'll do my best to at least upload once a month. I have a couple of one-shot requests and part twos I'm working on right now so stay tuned. Thank you so much for reading. And if you made it to the end of this thank you sooooo much 😁. Until next time - R

P.S. It's my birthday today, I'm officially 16. So I really wanted to post this since I finished writing it a couple of weeks ago

Edit - thanks for all the birthday wishes 😁 and I'll make sure to take note to make a part 2