Stronger Than You Think

Special shoutout to AmbiBambi784 for requesting this Oneshot.

It was a normal day like any other. Or so everyone thought.

*CRASH*

Peter was awoken to the sound of a wall caving in. It took Peter a couple of seconds to register he was at school, in a grade assembly about school safety. Parker luck strikes again. Am I right? Peter and Ned were in the bleachers in the far back corner of the Gym. Everyone stopped and looked towards the new hole in the wall filling with dust. They watched as 20 men armed with laser weapons ran through the wall. They blocked all exits making sure no one escaped. After they were all stationed, one more guy walked through.

"Toomes," Peter thought. Upon seeing him, Peter slipped on his web shooters as a precaution.

Toomes slowly but arrogantly walked to the center of the gym. He looked at the bleachers of students and teachers.

" Hello again, long time no see"

Everyone just stared. They were wondering why this guy was being theatrical and breaking their school. Peter looked at Ned, who was already looking back. Before they could exchange words Toomes began talking again.

"Now hand over what I want and nobody gets hurt," Toomes motioned to his crew to show what he meant.

Everyone was scared and confused; what was he doing here and why their school?

"I know you're all confused, so I'll explain. I don't like Tony Stark. Simple as that"

This confused everyone even more. Was Toomes just using Midtown as bait? The only people who truly knew what was going to happen were Peter and Ned. They both got a sinking feeling in their stomachs.

"You see I know a secret about one of your classmates. They're close with Tony Stark and Spider-Man and so for me, it's Killing Two Birds With One Stone"

Hearing this Peters panic levels began to rise. He didn't know what to do without revealing his identity. Then he remembered the watch Tony gave him. He looked at his watch and pressed a small button that sent a message to the Avengers that Peter was in trouble. As he relaxed the situation escalated.

"I'm not a patient person so this is what's going to happen. This person knows who they are and better turn themselves over or we start picking people off. Let's start choosing the first victim shall we?"

Ned and Peter exchanged a nervous glance. Neither knew what to do. Meanwhile, all the students and teachers were looking around trying to figure out this mystery person. A certain person*cough*cough* Flash decided to be an idiot to stood up to speak.

" Dude whoever he's after, stop being a coward"

Everyone in the room silently agreed that these were the most idiotic words ever to be utter by Flash. And wouldn't you know thanks to Flash's outburst Toomes chose Flash as his first victim.

"Thank you for volunteering young man. Now you have 10 secs to reveal yourself or this guy goes bye bye. 10...9...8...7..."

Now Peter was in trouble, the Avengers were still a ways away and as much as he didn't like Flash he couldn't let him get hurt.

"5...4..."

flash better be grateful, Peter thought as he went to stand up.

"3...2"

"Wait!" Peter yelled, standing up fully.

Toomes stopped counting and smirked. He looked at Peter.