1.06

[C H A P T E R  S I X]
Rock Star

☆☆☆

AS IT TURNED OUT, Roseline was terrible at being the leader. Every so often she would wander off the opposite way to examine an interesting plant, or pocket a bunch of rocks that were shiny. Both Clarke and Wells had to remind her that they were out there looking for Jasper, not determining Mother Nature's rate of plant growth. After the third time, Clarke declared that she was no longer allowed to lead, and that she had to bring up the back if she wanted to "waste time".

Being behind everyone else didn't seem to faze her, though. The only problem was that now when she mentioned anything plant or radiation related, Murphy would groan with dismay or curse at her loud enough to where she could hear his every word. She would also stray away from the group, causing Bellamy to stop (which made Murphy stop) and call out to her to hurry up. Usually, when people didn't really care for her interests, they would either politely change the conversation, or wait it out until Roseline did it herself. So, hearing Murphy constantly shame and belittle her for expressing her interests made her a little upset, but not enough to where she stopped talking about stuff altogether.

Ten minutes went by of Roseline humming some unknown song while pulling leaves off of trees, and Bellamy decided to see what the blonde and the chancellor's son were up to. 

"Hey, hold up. What's the rush? You don't survive a spear through the heart." As he said that, he waved his gun around carelessly, and it didn't settle very well with Roseline, so she manuvered through the trees to avoid being in the potential line of fire.

"Put the gun away, Bellamy," Wells ordered with a scowl, blocking Bellamy's path.

"Well, why don't you do something about it then, huh?" Murphy interjected, and pushed Wells roughly against his chest. 

"Can you stop arguing for three seconds?" Roseline sighed, absentmindedly plucking a flower from a bush. Murphy turned and shot daggers into her back before she finally turned as well, facing his dark eyes and dangerous look.

"You got something to say, Lab Rat?"

"I just think you should relax for, like, three seconds. You don't need to fight everything that breathes." she shrugged, pulling the petals off the flower as she did so. Murphy's fake chuckle made her uncomfortable, but she felt safe enough around the others to know that he wouldn't do anything to hurt her.

"I'll relax when you do. No one cares about your weird plant facts, or what each and every leaf in this damn place looks like," he spat, taking a threatening step closer. Bellamy began to put a hand up to hold off Murphy, and the girl gave a cold stare to the criminal. It was something that Bellamy had never seen before, and he wasn't sure how much he liked that side of her.

"Guys, focus," Clarke stepped in between the two, splitting them up. "Jasper screamed when they moved him. If the spear had struck his heart, he would've died instantly. It doesn't mean we have time to waste." She started walking again, but Bellamy snatched her right arm, the gleaming wristband shining like a prize.

"As soon as you take this wristband off, we can go," he negotiated with smirk.

"The only way the Ark is gonna think I'm dead is if I'm dead. Got it?"

The smirk never left Bellamy's lips. "Brave Princess."

"Hey, why don't you find your own nickname?" Finn said, announcing his presence from the trees. "You call this a rescue party? We gotta split up, cover more ground. Clarke, come with me."

The pair disappeared into the trees before Roseline had a chance to include herself as well. Being with the other three boys wasn't something she was particularly interested in, but at that point she didn't really have a choice. She then thought it would've been better for her to stay behind anyway, considering Finn and Clarke had a weird vibe whenever they were with each other.