Chapter 1

Vote, love.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              Germany

There was a slam on my desk causing my head to shoot up. There stood Mr.Onfroy with that devious smirk on his face. I was exhausted and definitely didn't have time for him today.

"Germany, can you tell me about the great compromise?" He said as I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"The Great Compromise was an agreement that large and small states reached during the Constitutional Convention of 1787.. that in part defined the legislative structure and representation that each state would have under the United States Constitution." I replied as he gave me an impressed look.

"Very good." He said as he grabbed a chalk piece off of the board. He began to write on to the board as I slid my earphones in. I laid my head on my arms once again as I began to doze off.

I slowly opened my eyes seeing I was still in the same position. I looked around noticing the classroom empty. My eyes searched the room until my eyes locked on Mr. Onfroy.

"You slept right into detention. What a coincidence." He said as his eyes never left his phone playing with one of his dreads.

"It was only 3rd period." I said to him as he chuckled.

"Like I said.. you slept right into detention." He said as I grunted.

"You just let me sleep?" I said to him as his eyes now locked with mine.

"You just gon' fall asleep in my classroom?" He shot back bringing his attention back to his phone. Before I could put my head down he began to speak once more.

"You're already up." He said getting up from his chair grabbing worksheets. "Write this paragraph ten times and you're free to leave. Trust me I don't want you here either." He said as I rolled my eyes taking the pencil into my hands.

I looked down at the paragraph that seemed to cover the whole page. There wasn't a way in hell I was going to write this ten times. I looked at my phone pretending to take a call.

"Wait what?" I said loud enough for him to hear. "SHES IN THE HOSPITAL?!" I yelled as Mr. Onfroy's head snapped towards me.

"IM COMING RIGHT NOW!" I yelled as I got up gathering my things.

"Germany, get your ass-"

"I'm so sorry Mr. Onfroy it's an emergency." I said as I made my way towards the door. "I'LL SEE YOU TOMORROW!" I yelled as I made my way down the hallway.

I sighed in relief as the silence of the hallway filled my ears. I walked towards my locker as I placed my books there. I grabbed my dad's car keys as I shut the locker. Thank god I had the car today.

I walked out of the schools entrance being greeted with the cold breeze. I took in the air as my body relaxed. I walked down the schools steps as my eyes locked on my car. 

                                          •

"Dad! I'm home!" I yelled as my voice echoed throughout the house. I kicked my shoes off as I ran into the living room plopping down on the couch. I was rested until I felt a body on top of mine shortening my air.

"D-dad get the fuck offf." I dragged out as he laughed. He got up from my back as I took a big dramatic breath.

"Big ass baby." He said as he sat down next to me. He put his legs up as his feet rested on my thighs.

Yes, my dad was young. He was 29. He had me at 14 and was more of my best friend than my dad..talking about best friends Mr. Onfroy was one of his. My name is Germany Goulbourne, my mom committed suicide when I was one.. since then I've been with my dad. I don't remember her at all, but I wish I did.

"What are you thinking about ugly." He said as he wiggled his toes in my face. I slapped them away from me with a laugh.

"Nothing. Just tired." I said as I yawned.

"Oh shit. Why did you come home this late? You go on a date or something?" He asked as he took a drink of his Hennessy.

"No, your lovely Jahseh decided to let me sleep, I woke up in detention." I said as he started to laugh.

"You can't blame nobody but yourself for that one nee." He said as he got up off of the couch. I grunted as he started to speak again.

"You're failing in that class too. I'm thinking about signing you up for tutoring." He said taking another sip as I gave him a death stare.

"I'll fucking kill you." I said to him as he smirked.

"Say I won't." He said battering his eyes.

"Stokeley Goulbourne, don't make me call your mother." I said to him.

"That's a good idea. We'll see what she thinks when she figures out you have a F in social studies." He said doing a little dance as I flew back in the couch in defeat.

"Somebody ass got after school." He said with a chuckle as he walked down the hallway. I took a pillow from the couch as I screamed in it.

Dammit Germany.
—————————————————————
Thoughts?

I hopped right into it 😭 I didn't feel like doing that same "i WoKe Up iN mY bEd." Shit 😂

~Myniah🖤~