CHAPTER SIX - SITUATION WITHOUT CLOTHING

Wednesday, 31st October 1956 || Tuesday, 3rd September 1940 

Suddenly the door opened and Millard stood there carrying a huge pile of books. He was wearing purple velvet bathrobe. Enoch petrified. Millard hadn't noticed us yet but it was just a matter of time. He looked up from his books and saw us standing there with not much space between us. I couldn't see his face but I could imagine what it looked like. I imagined that he would have a surprised look. He spoke up and said: "I knew it, I knew it, I knew it, Victor is going to be so pissed!" He turned around but before he could run out and announce what he had seen to everybody, I escaped Enoch's arms and stopped him. "You are not going to tell anybody about this, got it. And if you do I'm going to know because I can read your mind. Clear?" I asked him with a fake strictness. I was on the verge of laughing, but Millard nodded with what I could imagine would be fear on his face. I let him go and closed the door. Then I started laughing. Enoch watched me with a weird look on his face first but then he started laughing too. We laughed for a good ten minutes, then I took a look at my watch and saw, it was seven thirty-eight. Breakfast had already started and I knew Miss Peregrine was going to kill us. I told Enoch that and we made our way to the dining room.

I opened the door and Miss peregrine said without turning around: "What a pleasure that Mrs. Allerton and Mr. O'Connor are going to join us." I looked around the room and saw children watching us. When I saw Victor, he looked mad, even jealous. I could sense jealousy leak from him. Why, I thought. It's not like he fancies me.

I noticed that Enoch had already sat down and I was left standing alone. I sat on my place next to Enoch. His cheeks were still covered with a small blush from when Millard had caught us in the library.

After the breakfast Claire took my hand and wanted me to come playing with her, but before I could leave the room Miss Peregrine approached me and said: "Mrs. Allerton will be staying here washing the dishes and cleaning the dining room, with Mr. O'Connor. It's their punishment for being late to the breakfast." I sighed, I didn't have anything against spending time with Enoch but I sure didn't want to wash dishes.

I walked in the kitchen. Enoch was leaning on the counter with a smirk on his face. He said with his beautiful accent: "You are going to do dishes and I'm going to clean the dining room." "Fine," I said pouting my lips.

After some time of scrubbing the dishes Enoch came in with even more plates. He let them slide in the sink, and it all splashed on my face. "Oh, you're dead O'Connor," I almost screamed. I took a cup from the sink filled it with water and poured it on his beautiful, perfect dark locks. He turns to me and looks me with astonishment. I know that nothing good is going to happen so I start backing out. Then Enoch quickly took a handful of flour and dumps it on my head. Next thing I know we are running around the kitchen chasing each other.

A low voice made us freeze. I turned to the door and saw Victor standing there with confusion on his face. He also looked mad and was trying not to laugh, because Enoch and I looked ridiculous. Enoch's perfect dark hair was wet and covered with flour. His sweater was also covered with flour and had handprints on the weirdest places. My hair was ruined and my dress was also covered with flour and handprints on weird places. I knew how it might look and I also heard Victor thinking: bloody hell, what are they doing? I told him: "Victor calm down it's not what you  think it is." "How do..." he starts saying but then he realizes. I nodded to let him know his on the right way and grabbed Enoch's sleeve.

When we reached the stairway I told him: "Now, we are going to clean ourselves, change and not tell anybody about this." "Yes ma'am," he said teasingly. 

We only have one bathroom on the second floor, which means he has to go downstairs, I thought. I hear Miss Peregrine walking upstairs and talking with somebody. Before I can react Enoch pulls me into the bathroom and locks the door. We were just standing there awkwardly but we can't go out looking like this or we would get caught. I started to look around in the room. I pull a curtain away from one wall and see clothes dry on the rack. There are some dresses and sweaters. "Enoch chéri*, come  here and look if something fits you from here," I said happily. He walked over to the rack and took a gray monotone sweater. I picked a light blue dress that seemed to fit me. "Turn around," I commanded. He turned around and i pulled my dress quickly over my head. "Wait," Enoch said as he had remembered something and turned around. His gaze stopped as he saw me standing there only wearing my underwear. My face grew dark red and I tried to cover as much as possible. Wow, I heard him thinking. I disposed him to turn around again and finished changing.

When he started to change, he commanded me to turn around. "You saw me so it's only fair if you change in front of me," I said smirking. "Fair enough," he said smirking back. That selfish bastard, I thought watching as he changed his sweater. When he was finished I told him to wait about ten seconds after when I had left to not look suspicious. I left the room as fast as I could dark blush still covering my face.

When I got into my room I locked it and sat on my bed reading a book. I knew it was already lunch time but I didn't want to go, so I just read. Without noticing I started to drift deeper into the slumber. After sometime I was deeply asleep. Hours went by without noticing and me traveling around people's dreams.

*darling

A/N: Hello darlings, so this is the second part this weekend as I promised. It's a shorter filler chapter but I promise that when we get to 6th November (now we are on 31st October) fun things are going to happen, I have already written that chapter and I love it. Btw when somebody's mad at me for not describing Enoch when he was shirtless, I wanted to let it to your imagination. Hope you liked this chapter, I love you all!

-Saya