CHAPTER TEN - PROBLEMS

Saturday, 3rd November 1956 || Tuesday, 3rd September 1940 

I woke up to sunlight peeking through my window, straight into my eyes. I sat up, still wearing my clothes from yesterday. Feeling dirty, I stood up and took my dress off. I put on a robe and took new clothes from the drawer. I walked out of my room and hoped that the bathroom would be free because I really needed to wash myself. When I reached the bathroom, it was empty. Lucky me, I thought as I walked into the cold room. Cold tiles touched my bare feet and sent shivers up my spine. I watched myself in the mirror examining every flaw in my face. Finally I washed myself and put fresh clothes on. I had no idea what to do with my hair so I quickly put it up with a few pins.

I walked out of the bathroom and saw fully clothed Claire running to me. She ran up to me and hugged me very tightly and I hugged her back. "I'm so glad you're back," she said with that beautiful smile of hers. We walked down the stairs together. I peeked in the dining room and saw few other peculiars sitting. I decided to join them and pulled Claire with me.  Sitting on my usual spot, I started talking to Millard. Claire was sitting on my lap and other kids were joining us for the breakfast. Between the conversation I peeked at the door hoping to see a specific dark haired boy, but who didn't come was him. After some waiting Miss Peregrine stepped to the dining room and everybody welcomed her. She sat down and sent her sight over the table. Seeing that a certain dead-riser was missing from our group she said: "Mrs. Allerton would you be kind and go get Enoch.

I nodded and helped Claire out of my lap walking to Enoch's room. When I reached his door, I knocked quietly. Nothing happened, so I opened the door a little. I saw him sitting on his bed reading. It seemed quite funny, Enoch reading he didn't seem like the type but maybe I was wrong and too quick to judge people. Quietly watching him turning pages, as time seemed to stop. I pushed the door open and stepped in. He didn't turn his gaze to me but I knew I had his attention.

"Miss Peregrine wants you to come down to the breakfast," I said with a soft voice. He finally put his book down. "I'll come. You can go now," he said with an incredibly rude voice. I started to feel insecure. Did I do something wrong? What's going on? All these thoughts ran through my head, as I watched him lower his book."Did you not understand me? I'll say it again, go now," a certain rough voice, what I had grown to love, said to me.

Walking out of his room, almost my whole world seemed to collapse. What happened? Did I do something? Is it my fault? Every possible thought went through my head, as I walked in the dining room. I felt everybody's eyes on me and said: "He's coming." It took almost every fiber of my body to not to breakdown in front of everybody and just cry.

I sat down on my usual spot and built a bubble around me. I didn't want to see anybody or even talk to them.

When the breakfast was finished, I rushed to my room and locked it. It wasn't a good idea being in my room, so I left.

I walked out of the house with just a thin dress. I walked further and further from the house. When I started to see the small village, I turned away. Soon I reached a forest like patch of land. I walked straight into it. The wind was cold and I was just in a thin dress but I didn't care or I was so deep in my thoughts, so I wasn't really aware of it. I stopped at the sight of an old greenhouse. It was left behind and nobody had been here for decades. The closest things to flowers, were wildflowers growing from the dry soil and making their way through the floor tiles what were laying between what used to be flower beds. 

An old bench was standing at the end of the greenhouse leaning on the glass tiles what seemed the break every second. I walked there and pulled the bench away. First time it didn't budge. I cursed under my breath trying to pull the heavy thing away from the glass tiles. Second time it moved a little and third time I was lucky. Now that the bench wasn't crushing the greenhouse anymore, I swiped most of the dirt away and sat down.

I thought about everything that had happened in the last couple of days and tears started running down my face. I didn't try to calm down, I just fell asleep.

• Dream •

I was in that familiar dark room again. I sat down not wanting to do anything, I was exhausted. A door appears. I sighed hoping that, I could have same usual dreams and sleep so calmly as other people.

I was ready to step through the door in I don't even know whose dream, when suddenly another door appears and then another. Now, I was surprised and didn't know what to do. I stepped back from the first door and turned around to think. First thing I saw was, the bench from the greenhouse, the one on what I fell asleep. I sat down on it and closed my eyes hoping to get away from here. Nothing happened as I thought.

I stood up again and picked the third door. I walked through it, everything disappeared and suddenly I was on a dead-end street. I walked away from it and looked around, only to see more streets and small weird shops. Another thing that I noticed was, how dirty everything was. I started walking around. I didn't care that I was getting lost. From time to time I saw people. Or what I would like to think were people. Their faces were wrapped in dirty bandages and they were wearing different kind of overcoats. Weird I thought one more time.

A/N: Hey guys, I'm so sorry that I haven't been writing for so long, I had some personal issues but I'm trying to catch up. I love your comments so much, especially the one that understood when Victor said something. And I love you guys fricking so much, like we have 1,35k readings, it's so much, so i thought maybe I should do something like add your guys's character into the story or just comment and say what I should do. Thank you all so much!

-Lis<3