CHAPTER ELEVEN - THE GREENHOUSE

Saturday, 3rd November 1956 || Tuesday, 3rd September 1940

I knew it wasn't good idea to wander around but guess what, I did it anyways.
The deeper into the street maze I got, the filthier it got. The people, the houses and even me. It seemed pointless to be here but what could I do.
I was just starting to turn aroun when a hand grabbed me and pulled me into a dark alley. The hand let go of me but I knew deep down that even if I wanted to, I couldn't leave, so I turned aroynd and faced the thing that had grabbed me.
You could say I was mildly dissappointed when it turned out my kidnapper was a simple woman, who could even be an ymbryne, and not some man covered in bandages. She had a knife in one hand and was holding me in other. I was surprised. What would she need a knife for? She opened her mouth like she wanted to say something but before I could hear what I woke up.
I opened my eyes and I was back in the greenhouse. Weird. It wasn't quite dark outside but I knew immediately it was getting late. I stood up and my head felt dizzy. I stepped outside of the greenhouse. I didn't know where I was or how to get back , so I just started walking. What's worst that could happen, I thought to myself.
Trees were blending into a blurry picture as I started walking faster. The island isn't even that big, I should be home already, I thought to myself.
Suddenly the forest ended. Now, I had an idea where I was and getting home wasn't a problem. As I was walking bavk to the hous I got a weird feeling. Like somebody was watching me. I didn't think much of it. Soon I saw a familiar house and I was already running.
The door opened a sevond before I wanted to open it and Miss Peregrine stood behind it. She didn't say a word, so I knew I was in trouble. I walked behind her to the dining room and closed the door. She opened her mouth and closed it again, like she rethought what to say. Then she said: "Go get some dinner, it should be warm. It's in the red pot on the stove. Also next time when u decide to wander off, just tell me so I wouldn't have to worry." I nodded and she left the room.
As I walked in to the kitchen it seemed that the house was a little too quiet. I peeked in the pot and saw potatos. I wasn't very hungry so I decided to skip dinner.
I walked out of the kitchen. The house still seemed too quiet. I walked up the stairs and straight into my room. When I opened the door, I was greeted with yet another surprise. All of the children were in my room, sleeping. Enoch on my bed Claire between his arms, Bronwyn and some other smaller children around him. Victor, Emma, Olive, Hugh and other bigger children were sitting and laying on the floor. I was seriously confused. What was going on. I chevked my watvh and saw that it was cracked and you couldn't see the time anymore. It broke my heart.
I started waking up the children. I started with Victor. It was actually quite hard, he was a heavy sleeper. Finally he woke up. When he saw me, he hugged me fast. I asked him what was going on and he told me that Miss Peregrine got a call from another ymbryne who told her that they had seen wights sneaking around and when I wasn't here everybody immediately feared the worst.
He helped me wake up other children until only Enoch was sleeping on my bed. He wished me luck andnleft the room.
I gently pushed Enoch so he would wake up. When he finally woke up I wasn't prepared for what was going to happen. I thought that maybe he would hug me and tell me to never scare him again. But no. When he finally realisee it was me, who was disturbimg his peaceful slumber, he stood up and started yelling at me. His accent got so thick I could barely understand him. Suddenly I felt like this was all to much and that I was gonna break. I felt tears coming but I didn't want to seem weak. Enoch was still going on and then it was enough for me and I started crying. Enoch was so surprised and didn't know how to react. He just stood there as I cried. He didn't do anything and he clearly saw that I was breaking. But I didn't blame him. Well I did but then I learned to forgive. I snapped. "You don't have the right to yell at me," I told him. "You were the one who was rude with me when I was trying my best. You blame me for these dumb things that don't even make sense but I left because of you. Because of the way you acted, you made me feel really bad. You can't just kiss me and then throw me away. I am not one of your homuncli, who you can just throw away when you get bored of them. I have a real heart that belongs to me. You don't ask me how have I been, am I okay. Just go away!" "Get away from me," I said quietly when he tried to come closer to me, "go away!" Then something surprising happened, he left. I should have known that he would do that, I should have known that Enoch does that. I was thinking that if he would have tried one more time, I would've let him but I knew that that was just guilt and disappointment talking. I couldn't process anything anymore. My eyes were sore from crying, my throat was hurting, my voice was gone. I just felt numb and heavy. I fell backwards on to my bed and let the dreams take me away.

Hey guys! I know it's been long and I'm sorry but I promise I will try to write more again amd try to finish this book. Thank you all, I love you!<3