PART EIGHT - FEELING SAD

Thursday, 1st November 1956 || Tuesday, 3rd September 1940 

I tried to sit up but Enoch stopped me. "You're gonna hurt yourself," he said with worry in his voice. "No, I have to go and wake Claire up," I said standing up. I didn't care about myself, I just wanted to make sure that the little girl was okay. 

I stepped in the hallway and made my way to her door, Enoch following me. 

I opened the door. The room was dark except for couple of sun rays peeking behind the old velvet curtains. Claire's bed was at the back of the room. as I walked closer I saw floundering silhouette. I sat on Claire's bed and tried to wake her up. After few attempts, the girl woke up and looked me with her big blue eyes. Then she hugged me. We just sat there for minutes or even hours, the time seemed to slow down or even stop. Enoch walked up and said that breakfast is about to start. I left Claire changing and headed back to my room Enoch walking behind me.

I crawled back  between my covers and he sat on my bed. "Miss Peregrine said that you don't have to go to breakfast until you're feeling better. Nobody knows about what happened except me and Miss Peregrine. She wanted to talk about that after the lessons," he told me. "What lessons?" I asked with curiosity. Enoch struggled to answer for a bit, then he told me: "You know like school. You haven't been here for long so we haven't had any recently but it's like school lessons."  "Oh," I just said. Enoch watched me with a funny look. I knew he wanted to ask me about what had happened before but he was gentleman and didn't bring it up.

After he had left for breakfast, the room seemed emptier. I opened my book and read for a bit. Soon I got tired of it and watched the clock. The breakfast was over but the house seemed quiet. Quite unusual. Usually kids were laughing and shouting at this hour but I thought that the lessons had started already. I wanted to wander around the house for a bit, so I put my shoes on and quietly left the room.

The hallway seemed so hollow and gray, when smaller children weren't running around and laughing. A weird thought came into my mind. It reminded me as a catastrophe had happen, it was so empty. But I quickly stopped me thinking about that, nothing could happen we were safe in Miss Peregrine's loop.

As I wandered in my thoughts I had reached a door that I hadn't seen before. It seemed normal, maybe even too normal for this house. I opened it and saw an old staircase. It looked quite scary but I still started climbing up the stairs trying to make as little sound as possible. 

When I reached the top, there was another door. It was half-open. I peeked in and saw big room. It was well lit, big windows surrounded the room. Many bookcases stood next to the walls.At the one end of the room was a chalkboard with Miss peregrine writing on it. In the middle of the room were many desks. All of the children were sitting behind them. Nobody had noticed me yet but before I left, I had to take another glimpse at sun shining through Enoch's locks.

When I left the classroom, my legs were taking me to the library. I walked through the big maze filled with books. When I reached the back of the room. I saw a vinyl player and couple of armchairs. I looked around to find some vinyls and I found a big pile of vinyls behind the armchair. I looked through them and found Giacomo Puccini Madam Butterfly, couple of vinyls from Barbara Allen, couple of French songs and etc. 

I wanted to go back to my room, so I tried to take the vinyl player with me. It wasn't hard and I could carry it. I took few vinyls and went upstairs.

In my room, I set the vinyl player up again. It took some figuring but I got it done. Then I took out my pencils and an eraser. I locked the door and sat on my bed as Frank Sinatra was singing in the background. I just drawed, it felt like I wasn't even in my body, like I was standing in the corner and watching as I drew something, humming with Sinatra. 

Hours went by but I hadn't noticed. The lunch was already over for a long time but my appetite was gone. I felt sad or even scared. I had been left with my thoughts for so long that they started to take me over. I was still scared about what had happened in the morning and my thoughts made it only worse. They said that I was going to hurt everybody, maybe I was, maybe I wasn't but I didn't know it yet. I didn't want to come into contact with any human, so I completely ignored the knocks that appeared every once in a while.

A/N: Sorry, that this chapter is shorter, I've been feeling sick for awhile but I didn't want to leave you hanging, so here you go. By the way thank you all so much for 300 reads it's crazy, I love you all, bye.

-Lis<3