Prologue

At the reptile shifter camp
3rd person
Birds flooded the sky around the reptile shifters camp.
One by one, those birds shifted into humans, all armed with swords, bows, spears, you name the weapon, they were wielding it.
Surprise fell over the camp's participants, but the Lindwrum shifters, the smartest of all of them, quickly started yelling out orders to the rest.
Wryms burst out of the ground, snatching up the bird shifters and then go back under. Drake's ran at the enemy, biting and trampling bird shifters.
Amphiptere dove into the sky, snatching the bird shifters that were still in bird form.
Dragons and Wyverns breathed fire, and dove for the bird shifters before either snapping them up with their jaws or, they dropped the bird shifters from their claws high up.
Lindwrum's attacked alongside the drake's, leading them in strategy.
Hundreds of non-shifter reptiles came to aid in repelling the attack, many of whom would loose their lives fighting the enemy.

By the time it was over, about 1/4 of all of the reptile shifters and reptiles were dead, 1/2 were wounded. The attack was repelled successfully but at a huge cost to all of them.
All of the survivors were on edge, after all, if they were attacked, the humans would get attacked too.
They knew that they might have to form an alliance with their sworn enemys, if it meant the survival of any of them.

-Shadow
Next update should be up in a week or so