Personal E.Nygma

You were new at the Gotham City Police Department, working as a Medical Examiner.
You had received the confirmation letter this morning and jumped in your car right away to go to the precinct.
On your way, you thought about all the hard work you had accomplished to get there.
Your family was the first you had called. Your mom wasn't really excited about you going to Gotham, its reputation being sadly well-known, whereas your father was just happy his little girl had finally found a job that she enjoyed.

You got to the station and introduced yourself at the home office and they directed you to the boss office.
A gentle cop seeming Latino walked you there and you knocked slowly on the door.
You heard a woman voice asking you to wait a minute and few seconds later she opened you.

"Miss Culpepper, I suppose ?"

You had already seen her on the TV when the GCPD was involved with the resolution of a big murder and were actually glad to meet her.

"Sarah Essen, I'm honored to meet you ! Or should I call you boss ?" you declared with a cute chuckle.

"I see that you are eager to start your new job ! Passionate persons are rare lately..." she discussed.

"I know that ! Believe it or not, I was the only one of my promotion that decided to be a Medical Examiner. I just love the idea of working with the police and do science ! When I was younger, I wanted to be a cop, but I soon understood that I was too soft for this job !" you stated with a smile.

"Anyway, I think you should start with a tour of the precinct and mostly the labs. Let me introduce you our...sort of helping doctor. He is very useful and always had good ideas."

You suddenly noticed the man standing in the office. Weird. You hadn't seen him, things rarely escaped you.
He was more or less your age, maybe a little older. He weared glasses and his dark hair was slicked back.
You couldn't help but think that you found him rather charming. Unfortunately for you, you immediately understood that it wasn't reciprocate.
He stuck out his hand and said with a lovely smile :

"Edward Nygma, pleased to met you."

"The pleasure's all mine."

You studied him and then added with a mysterious smile :

"I love the name... Edward, your parents were funny. E.Nygma."

His smile enlightened and you saw a sparkle in his eyes.
There it is ! Interest.
You stared at each other for some seconds before Essen interrupted you.

"It suits him more than you think ! I'm happy to see that you get along so well. Few are the people capable of supporting him !" she exclaimed with a mocking smile.

He seemed to frown a little but you put your hand on his arm and raised your shoulders. He was surprised by the sudden touch but eventually placed his hand on yours and patted it.
Essen rose her eyebrows and continued :

"Ed will make you a tour and explain you some things. I have job to do elsewhere. Will you be alright Miss Culpepper ?"

"Why shouldn't I ?" you asked taking a glimpse at Ed.

He smiled, amused and took a step back, holding the door open for you.
He followed you right after, and you bid goodbye to your boss.

"So, where should I start ? I know, maybe by asking you your name ?"

"That would be a good idea ! I'm y/n. But I don't like it, so I ask everyone to call me Culpepper, Pepper for the friends."

"I love the name. May I..." he started.

"You may," you interrupted him with a funny smile.

He nodded and led you through the desks.

"May I ask you something ?"