The new mayor

Someone knocked on your door but you didn't answer.
You heard voices through the door and put a pillow on your head.
Then the door shut open and you recognised Penguin's limp running to the curtains and opening them. The sudden light blinded you and you groaned.

"It's time to get up."

You muttered some insults as a gentle hand caressed your arm.

"Come on Pep, we've got some job do be done."

That voice was flowing in your ears like sweet honey.
You turned around and glared at everyone.

"Out of my room. Now," you added as no one was moving.

You shut the door and immediately took a shower.

-

Half an hour later, you met everyone in front of the breakfast and were welcomed with some giggles.
You murdered with your eyes the person who dared make fun of you this early in the morning -aka Zsaaz- and ripped a piece of bread with your teeth before chewing it silently.

"Can we address you now that your stomach is filled ?" Oswald demanded presumptuously.

"My stomach is far from being filled. You may speak," you added with an indifferent gesture of your wrist.

"Perfect. The elections are today. I have to attend to some conferences and you're coming."

You nodded, your mouth full.

"What time is it ?" you asked.

"6 am. I know, it's early. It's all Victor's fault if you really need to know. He suggested we'd start sooner."

You glared at him and without a word, you ordered the closest guy to stab him with a knife on the table. Knowing what was coming, he dodged the attack and shoot you, missing you. You heard a scream from behind you.
Ed was watching you, horrified and scared.

"Little rusty, huh ?" you provoked Victor.

"Believe me, if I wanted you dead, you would have been, darling," he replied with a smirk.

"What the hell was that ?" Ed asked.

"Come on Ed, they're just playing ! Though they ruined my beautiful still life painting..." Penguin sighed.

Victor rose his shoulders with a smile and you pushed him.

"Next time I'll get you."

"Keep dreaming doll !" he snapped back.

Everyone was getting ready to leave. Ed approached you and you smiled.

"Morning Eddie !"

"You're insane. He could have killed you !"

"Zsaaz never misses his target," you said, with a sign of your chin.

He turned around and saw a minuscule black spot on the wall behind you, pierced by the bullet.
He stared at you with an impressed smile.
You stared back, contemplating his long body, his shape highlighted by the suit he was wearing, his hair pulled back with some gel and his cologne enveloping him sweetly. You couldn't resist touching him and put your hand on his right shoulder, rubbing it gently.

"You look stunning, the tux suits you," you winked.

He smiled awkwardly.

"How was your first night out of Hell ? Slept like a baby ?" you asked.

"This expression is ridiculous. Babies are well known for being unbearable at night because they always cry instead of sleeping. Why would I sleep like a crying mess ?"