The new Nygma

Ed was weird lately for a reason you couldn't understand. He was often locked up in his office, under the pretext of work. You knew there was something else behind it, but you trusted him and waited for him to speak about it before jumping to conclusions.
On the other hand, you were distant too, occupied to help your boss. You couldn't visit him anymore, because of a pretended contagious disease. This insured you even more that they were torturing him, but you were in a dead end to rescue him.
Ivy was working hard and it was paying off. She regularly came home with As, smiling and proud.
The more you spent time at Ed's, the more you looked like a real family.
You wanted to find a new home and be independent but at the same time you needed to stay with Ed.
Your job was calm and you liked kids, but truth was, you missed the GCPD and the bar. You had paid a visit to Butch and Tabitha who were now ruling Gotham, just to let them know that you were still in the picture. Butch was actually embarrassed and didn't know how to act around you, probably because he knew you would never betray your boss, unlike him...
You had worked on your powers with the little box found on the dead monks and you were improving.
Yes, things were weirdly calm lately.
But it was about to change.

You had just came home from your job with Ivy and you were extremely tired. Ivy immediately started her homework and you chilled on the sofa.
Fifteen minutes later, as you were falling asleep, a knock on the door made you jump. Ed rushed out of his room to open and found Oswald behind it.

"Penguin ?!"

"Ed !"

They were smiling happily and were actually very cute if you forgot the part where they were psychopathic murderers.

"Oswald ?!"you exclaimed.

"Hi Psychic !"

You were all standing in front of the door and Penguin was waiting patiently outside.

"Can- can I come in ? Although these feathers seems warm, I'm pretty cold..."

"Of course, where are my manners ?" Ed declared making a step backwardsto let him in.

"How how have you been ? Good I hope !" Oswald asked kindly.

Ivy smiled proudly.

"Hey Penguin ! Guess who's first of her class !"

"Good !"

While they were all speaking happily, you were inspecting Oswald carefully and weren't that happy to discover him...like this.

"What happened here ?" you interrupted them coldly as you indicated his clothes.

"Oh nothing to worry ! Good old Butch and Tabitha playing ! They considered killing me, so that's pretty nice of them !"

"Nice of them ?" Ed murmured.

"You went to Butch and Tabitha ?"

"Nothing to worry ?" you claimed.

"They did a pretty good job on you in Arkham huh ?" Ed stated worriedly.

"I'm sure you want some tea !" Ivy exclaimed seeing you losing your mind. She took your hand and brought you to the kitchen.

"Nice of them ?!" you choked.

"I know, I know. He changed, we can't trust him anymore," she stated gloomily.

"That's it ? We don't do anything to avenge him ? He saved us Ivy ! If it wasn't for him, we could have still been in this horrible lab !"

You took the tea pot rageously and got back to the living room.

"It's helped me to create the perfect puzzle to get rid of my Jim Gordon dilemma. Normally I would love to share, but the new you is kind of freaking me out..." you heard Ed declare.