Arkham

You were next to Ed on your way to Arkham and you felt his hand grabbing yours and intertwining his fingers in yours.
You initiated the telepathic exchange thanks to the touch.

-Why did you do that ?

-I wasn't letting you alone.

-I didn't mean that...Why did you hurt them ? I thought-

-I know what you thought...and I've changed.

-There's not only that, right ?

You were silent. And he seemed alright with that.
Your mute conversation was ended but his hand didn't leave yours for the rest of the trip.
When you arrived in Arkham, the sun was falling and the sky was dark. It made the place even gloomier than it already was.
The cops pulled you out of the car brutally and you hurt your ankle. You screamed in pain, and Ed got angry.

"Be careful, animals !"

"Was she careful when she killed one of our man ?" the man snapped. "Monster," he insulted you.

Killed ?
You were waiting for the same feeling of guilt and disgust to fill your heart that happened when you massacred the lab guards, but instead of that, you felt sad.
Still an improvement.

You were placed in a solo bedroom, in front of Ed's. Few hours later, a lot of guards arrived in front of your cell. They opened your door and put your hands into some strange gloves. Behind them you saw a man that looked familiar. You didn't know how but you knew you had already met him. He probably acknowledged the fact that you were staring at him because he said :

"Remember me, Psychic ?"

You froze.
That voice. His way of standing. That was him.
A look of pure terror displayed on your face.

"When they told me that I would have to take care as someone capable of controlling people's minds, I knew it was you. You can't even know how pleased I am to see you again ! You don't have to worry my sweet Psychic, I will take good care of you."

"You poisoned us ! We suffered for months !" you yelled disgusted. "People died because of you !"

"With me, deads are never dead for long..." he replied enigmatically.

He turned back and you spit on his back.
He answered with a giggle and left.

-

With days going by slowly and boringly, you recalled old memories, mostly from when you were in that lab for months. The screams of pain and the smell of disease kept coming back to your mind.
You also remembered the last conversation you had with Ivy before you left to capture Ed. She had asked you to be careful and once again you didn't kept your promise. You were extremely anxious for her, knowing that she didn't have a family anymore, and you hoped that Cat was taking good care of your sweet sister.

She came to visit as soon as she knew that you were kept in Arkham. You ordered her to never come back alone again and you told her what you had learnt about the director of Arkham. She was as surprised as you were and as anxious for you as you were for her. Obviously she wanted to come confront the director, but you ordered her to to leave as soon as she had seen Ed too.

If it was hard for you to stay in Arkham, Ed found himself...at ease. Obviously, he hated the place but he found a way to distract himself. He was taking care of the mad people to make you King and Queen of Arkham.
But you had to admit that it diverted you too.

Today, he was busy to make Lucy, the fith personality of a schizophrenic, apologize to Rudy, a simple minded murderer.
You were not participating but you were never too far, staring at him with an amused smile.
He was now speaking to the invisible ghost of Lucy and asking her to stop mess with everyone.
You stopped you're reading and joined him.