{Shane and Garrett}

SHANE/GARRETT

AN- I know they are just friends and didn't work out, but I lowkey think they would have been cute. I know firsthand that growing up fat stays in the back of your mind forever, and I love how they've clearly bonded over their body insecurities, and I wanted to include that.

CW- Talk of weight insecurities

GARRETTS POV

I looked in the mirror, smoothing down my shirt. In an hour I would be on a date with the cute guy from Tinder. Shane. I'd spent most of the last few days watching his videos. I knew a lot about him from them and I felt a little stalkerish. What if he thought I was a crazy fan?

We'd agreed we didn't want to do a fancy restaurant or anything. We weren't those people. So we were going to chill at his house and watch a movie and order pizza.

I paced the house anxiously waiting for it to be time to go. I barely remember driving there, I was so nervous.

I knocked on the door and he answered immediately, like he'd been waiting on the other side. I was relieved to see that he looked just as nervous as me.

He extended his hand and said "I'm Shane".

I smiled and shook his hand. "I know. I'm Garrett".

"Oh, right" He said. "We've been talking for months now. I'm just really nervous. I haven't been on a date in ages".

His shyness made me feel braver, and I led him over to the couch. We began to talk and realized we had a lot in common. We loosened up and ordered pizza, and we didn't stop talking for a moment. He was actually really funny, and he started acting more like he acts in his videos once he stopped being so nervous.

We each ate a whole large pizza and then he showed me around. We sat on his bed and I looked at a framed picture on the wall, of a little chubby boy and a woman.

"That's my mom and me when I was a kid. I used to be so fat. I still am". He said.

I felt a tug on my heartstrings because he sounded just like me. "I used to be a fat kid too. There's nothing wrong with that. You were beautiful then, and you're beautiful now".

We began to have a deep conversation about insecurities. I couldn't believe how close I felt to this man I'd just met.

"That's why I kept putting off dates", he admitted. "I didn't want you to see how fat I am in real life".

"Shane, listen. I superliked you for a reason. And I'd superlike you again. If you weighed a thousand pounds, I'd still superlike you".

"Why?" He asked, sounding like a sad little boy. I slid closer to him and put my arm around him.

"You have a cute little tummy, and wonderful squishy thighs, and big strong arms, and a great facial structure, fantastic hair, the most beautiful eyes I've ever known, a smile that could melt Voldemorts heart-" He rolled his eyes fondly at my Harry Potter reference "And a great sense of humor, and you're sweet, and don't get me started on your ass, and... do I really need to go on?".

He smiled and rubbed his nose on my shoulder. "I get it now. Thank you Garrett". He hesitated before leaning in slowly, and I put my hands on his face as we kissed softly. I felt him smiling into the kiss as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

We pulled away and looked into each others eyes for a moment, getting our breath back. Then I grabbed the back of his head and pulled him in again gently. I giggled a little as he slipped his tongue into my mouth and it got a little more heated. I didn't feel ready to sleep with him yet, but I loved the feeling of his lips on my neck, his hair tickling my face, his hand squeezing my ass.

Eventually, when our mouths were sore and we were panting heavily, we lay down, bodies intertwined. He turned on some music and we barely spoke, enjoying each others company.

Settle down with me

Cover me up

Cuddle me in

Lie down with me

And hold me in your arms

And your hearts against my chest, your lips pressed in my neck

I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet

And with a feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now

Kiss me like you wanna be loved

You wanna be loved, you wanna be loved

This feels like falling in love

Falling in love

We're falling in love