The Hufflepuff and The Ravenclaw

{Gandrew} 

A silly lil' Hogwarts AU because that's what our boy Garrett deserves.

"Don't look, but a boy at the Ravenclaw table is staring at you" Whispered Drew.

Of course I turned around immediately, and Drew hissed "I told you not to look".

My eyes landed on a handsome redhead. I didn't recognize him, and figured he was probably one of the new American exchange students.

He looked away quickly when I turned around, so I figured he probably had been staring at me. Drew raised his eyebrows at me. "Well?".

"Well what?"

"What do you think of him? Are you going to ask him out?"

"Drew! You're crazy. He was just looking at me. That doesn't mean anything. I have no idea who the guy is. I can't walk up to him and ask for a date. He'll laugh in my face".

"I'll find out" said Drew, and stood up from the Hufflepuff table. "See you in charms".

I rolled my eyes, but I was smiling. Drew was obsessed with getting me a boyfriend. And he did have a weird way of being able to find out any information he wanted. I watched him saunter out of the great hall casually with his hands in his robe pockets, wondering what he was planning on doing. I looked around the room and my eyes met that boys again. He has looking at me. We both turned away quickly. He was very cute.

In charms, Drew passed me a torn piece of parchment. On it was written:

'His name is Andrew. American exchange student. Sixth year, like us. Bisexual. Apparently very shy. Muggleborn. Carries a muggle camera around and sends muggle pictures to his family. Moaning Myrtle tells me he looks great in the shower.'

I looked at Drew, filled with so many questions. How did he get this information? Where from? Who from? How did he do it so fast? Why was Myrtle watching people shower? Did she watch me shower? Does she see my Spice Girls renditions? Does she think they're good?

Drew was now totally absorbed in his work. He doesn't like to be questioned. And I suppose it didn't matter where he got the information, now that he already had it. Not like I was going to do anything with it. So far, we'd made eye contact twice. I'd look like a total weirdo if I asked him out now.

I forgot all about Andrew the exchange student until the next day. I was running through the corridor, late for DADA, with an armful of books. I turned a corner and crashed directly into someone. My books flew out of my arms. The other person fell over.

I automatically reached my arm out to help them up, and found myself looking at Andrew. My god, this was like some scene from an American teen movie. He took my hand and we both apologized, and then he started to help me gather my books.

"I'm Andrew, by the way".

"I-" I stopped myself saying "I know" just in time. That would have been so creepy. "I'm Garrett".

He handed me the books and we stood, looking at each other awkwardly for a good four seconds. Then he said "This castle is so big and confusing".

I smiled. "Yeah, it takes some getting used to. Do you need any help?".

"Actually, I'm a little lost. And late. Do you know where I can find the Defense Against The Dark Arts classroom?".

"That's where I'm going. Come with me, Andrew".

We made small talk. He told me a few things I already knew (thanks Drew) and I told him a few boring things. As I held the classroom door open for him, I heard a wolf whistle from Drew, which made Andrew blush. I shot Drew a look as I slid into my seat next to him.

Andrew and I talked a little over the next few days, but we were both shy and it didn't seem to be going anywhere.

That's why I surprised myself so much when I asked him out.

I don't know what gave me the confidence. But when I passed him on the way to breakfast one day I suddenly approached him and asked me to meet me in the library at 6pm.

He looked almost as surprised as I felt, but he said yes. Drew was in awe at my sudden bravery and I felt proud.

I ran to my dorm after school to change my clothes and fix my hair, and then I picked up an old picnic basket. I'd stupidly asked him to meet me right before dinner, so I'd have to make other dinner arrangements. I slipped into the kitchens unseen while the house elves were on a break and filled my basket with leftovers.

It was 4.30 so I went to wait outside the Ravenclaw Tower. Ten minutes later, Andrew stepped out the door, smiling at me. "I thought we were meeting in the library?"

"We can do that anytime. I want to show you my favourite spots in Hogwarts".

I took his arm and showed him around the castle and the grounds. He was impressed by the room of requirement, the whomping willow, the entrance to the chamber of secrets- but they weren't special enough. I had a place that not even my friends knew about. We went to the astronomy tower and I showed him the loose brick that we could move, and then climb onto the roof. There was a little forgotten terrace up there. It was totally un-magical, and yet I thought it was one of the best parts of Hogwarts. I came up here when I couldn't sleep. The wind hits your face, the stars surround you and you feel free.

I'd left my picnic in the astronomy room and we took it onto the roof. We ate day-old pumpkin pasties and treacle tarts and pointed out constellations. We watched Hagrid lock up the castle for the night and stroll over to his hut. Andrew took muggle pictures of the stars and of me.

He started to shiver, so I wrapped my arms around him and cuddled him close. I looked into his deep brown eyes and he murmured "I'm so glad I came here".

I leaned forward and we kissed softly, up on the castle roof, with nothing around us but sky and stars. 

A/N- First of all, thank you for all the new reads! Special thanks to SoftGhostie for giving me a shoutout. Secondly, I am struggling to think of people to ship Garrett with, so if you know any dudes who you think Garrett would be cute with, let me know lol.