7 break a leg!

The reader is a dancer sorry I don't make the rules 🙄🙄

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4:30 PM

Me
Hey sis I'm gonna be a little late cause of the rain :(:(:(

Emile Pickanose :):):)
Don't text and drive!!!

Me
I'm not, my friend's driving me but thanks I do enjoy not dying
Be there in a few minutes

Emile Pickanose :):):)
Okie dokie lokie
Read 4:34 PM

(Y/n) huffed, slipping their phone into their pocket and turning to stare out the window.  “Yo, do I look like I'm in a dramatic sad music video?” (Y/n) asked, pulling a frown and sparing a glance at the rain.

(Y/n)'s friend nodded, sparing a quick glance at them out of the corner of their eye.  “Oh yeah, you definitely do.”

“Next thing you know, I’ll be singing Friday by Rebecca Black,” (Y/n) joked, straightening their posture because their head kept bumping against the window and ow.

“Okay, I have several things to say to that,” (Y/n)’s friend started, and (y/n was already sniggering as they continued, “For one, it’s literally Tuesday.  For two, I’m not giving you the goddamn chance. We’re here, get out. Stop cursing my car.”

(Y/n) burst out laughing as their friend pulled into a parking space, giving them a very big ‘I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed’ look.

“I have big cursed energy, you gotta suck it up man.  Also, thank you– fuck, I’m late! I love you bye!” (Y/n) rushed the last bit of their sentence, gathering their stuff and slamming the car door behind them as they sprinted towards the building.  Once inside and checked in, (y/n) ran through the twists and turns of the building, following the path that they had well-committed to memory. Soon after they burst into Emile’s office, dramatically jumping and twisting into a calypso-like leap.  They then immediately fell to the couch, desperately huffing for breath.

“OH ME, OH MY!” Emile gasped, pushing himself up off the desk.

“Fuck, sorry for being late.  Jesus, that leap was a bad idea.” (Y/n groaned, rolling over and draping their arm over their eyes, “I'm an old man.”

“You weren't that late, it's no biggie.  But HOLY ROLLIE POLLIE OLLIE was that COOL!” Emile was smiling, flabbergasted.  (Y/n) sat up, a mischievous twinkle in their eye.

“You mean my leap?” They asked, watching Emile nod enthusiastically.

“Heck to the yeah!”

“I used to dance, like, full-time, so not to toot my own horn, but I’m pretty dang good.  I was actually considering it for like, a career, but shit didn’t work out that way,” (Y/n) explained, twirling their legs around to sit cross-cross on the couch.  “On the plus side though, I'm now more flexible than would be considered the norm.”

“That's so cool!  I know we’ve mentioned it before, but exactly how flexible are you?” Emile asked curiously, watching (y/n)’s mischievous grin turn into a full-blown smirk.

“Get your ass over here, Picani, we're going to break my fucking leg!”

“Wait, what?” Emile blinked, suddenly being pulled around his desk and into the middle of the floor.  (Y/n) swiftly swung their leg onto his shoulder, grabbing onto his upper arms. Emile stiffened when they did so, his instincts telling him he was getting kicked in the face.

“Chill, I was sorta kinda exaggerating.” Their poor choice of words didn't really soothe his slowly-gathering nerves, but he forced himself to look relaxed as (y/n) shuffled, their standing leg a little bit farther from him.

“Okay, so here’s what we're gonna do.  You’re gonna hold my leg up in the air and I'm gonna lean closer towards you until A, my leg breaks or B, I say ‘okay that kinda hurts I think that's my limit’ and drop m’leg, ‘kay?” They said way too passively, and Emile raised an eyebrow at them.  They snickered, pulling his hand up to wrap around their ankle.

“READY, STEADY, GO!” It took all of two seconds for (y/n) to fall forward, their leg slipping out of Emile’s grasp and falling onto his shoulder.  They both instinctively grabbed onto each other's arms, resulting in the two of the being pulled awkwardly together, Emile’s weight being the only thing keeping (y/n) upwards.  Or, diagonal, I guess. There was a split second where they simply stared into each other's eyes, but (y/n) interrupted it in true fashion.

“Fuck.” That snapped them out of it, (y/n) grimacing as they hopped closer, bending their knee and unhooking their ankle from his shoulder.

“Oh shoot, I am so sorry!” Emile gasped, holding their arms to steady them as they tentatively lowered their leg and shook it around a bit.

“It's fine, that was two hundred percent my fault.  I should have told ya my plan more instead of joking through it.” They shrugged, stepping backwards.  Of course, there was an awkward lull in the conversation as Emile tried to think of something to say. Luckily, whether they knew it or not, (y/n) swooped in and saved the day.

“On a less dangerous note, I also know clogging.  People have a lot of misconceptions about clogging, it's literally just angry tap.  And I watched the Mr. Greg episode of Steven Universe the other day, and I realized ‘holy shit I could totally recreate that’.  But I haven’t tried yet, been busy with work you know. So…” They trailed off, wiggling their eyebrows with a sly grin. Emile gasped, his eyes practically sparkling with sheer joy.

“YES!” He crooned, enthusiasm clear as crystal.  (Y/n) clapped their hands together, beginning to push Emile’s desk back to give them some space.  Now, to some people, this might have been a mistake, or valuable time wasted, but oh no! Not to these two!  The next few sessions left Emile and (y/n) learning a whole short routine. Awesome. Wow.

(982 words)

🌌🌌🌌