The Black Cat's Curse

For this story,

Mia Mizoguchi is 17 years old

And, Damian Wayne is 18 years old

---------------------------------------------------

[Maps' POV]

I just finished buying all kinds of stuff from the supermarket.

Do I have everything I need?

I looked inside the bag and checked as I walked.

Then I yelped as out of nowhere a black cat walked out from an alleyway.

"Kitty, you gave me a heart attack" I sighed in relief.

I crouched down and slowly started caressing its face, then it started closing it's eyes.

I froze as I heard it's purr.

Oh my- That's so freaking adorable!

It's green ones met mines, then I whispered to it.

"You have beautiful green eyes, you know that?"

"Everyone says that black cats are dangerous, but I just see cats as cats"

"People's perspectives are different but I love every animal in it's own way" I added.

Then I paused to think for a few seconds before being determined of my choice,

"I'll take you home with me"

But that's when my thought hit me like a brick.

This could be someone's cat!

"Sorry Buddy, I think your owner would be looking for you" I say in an upset tone as I look down to his badge on his collar.

Damian Wayne

Damian Wayne? This is that rich kid's cat?

"Kitty, Damian is probably looking for you. You should go back" I lowered my head, causing my bangs to fall and cover my eyes.

I stood up and waved good-bye as the cat just stared back at me.

Although, I'll miss the cat, it's better for it to be reunited with it's owner.

============================

[Cat Damian's POV]

Did she really just leave me stranded here?

I think your owner would be looking for you, she said

"-TT-, what owner?" I mumbled under my breath.

Looking at my reflection on a broken window in the alley, I sigh.

It was probably the collar on my neck.

Or maybe she doesn't want me. I've always been avoided by many people because of this stupid curse.

But she's... she's different. I feel it.

I decided to catch up to the girl and follow her to her house. This is not wrong, right?.

I just feel the need to protect her. When she started caressing me, I couldn't help but purr.

It felt like I was finally loved and accepted by someone. And I don't want to feel alone again.

I want her love. Her care.

============================

[Maps' POV]

I exhaled and jumped to lay on top of my bed. Finally, I was done putting away everything I got from the market.