Royal Life Isn't Perfect

*Credits to the Artist🔝*

---------------------------------------------------

[Damian's POV]

"God, Damian! Have mercy on me!" shouted Prince Logan, one of my... friends who is also known as Beast Boy when we're in battle against other kingdoms.

He had the ability to morph into any animal that he knows of.

"You almost sliced the life out of me like you did to that tree just now!" He got into a protective stance with his sword.

"I don't even know how you're the Prince of the Animal Kingdom. If you're scared of being defeated, then don't even think about calling yourself strong" I scoffed.

"Hey!" He screeched and crossed his arms, "That's a rude thing to say to your friend"

"I didn't know I was friends with a weakling"

He gasped and smirked, "Alright. You're on!"

But before we could even spar, Pennyworth came outside, "Sorry to disturb, but your father would like to see you, Prince Damian"

I internally groan. Seriously, could his timing be any worse? What did he want now?

"Good-bye, Garfield" I stated in a dry monotone voice as I walked away, hearing him yell back.

"Catch you later!"

Pennyworth followed me– I guessed he was going to follow me all the way so instead I ordered, "Can you show Garfield to the exit and give him a ride?"

"As you wish, Prince Damian" he lowered his head a bit before leaving.

I reached the center of the palace where my Father was waiting for me, sitting on his red throne.

"Father," I bow, "I heard you wanted to see me, may I ask why?" I face him as I stand straight

"Damian, tonight is the Royals Gala" he starts, "I want you to dress royalty and accompany me" he looks straight at my face, probably waiting for me to enrage, but I kept my composure.

"Yes Father, but why would you tell me today? Couldn't you have told me yesterday?"

No. I know exactly why.

He waited until today to tell me so then I wouldn't ask for time to think about my decision and then end up rejecting him.

"I was just testing your ability to prepare for anything" he stares for a bit and waves his hand, "Now go and get ready"

"Okay" I bow one last time and exit.

So much for training today with Jon. I haven't seen him in a while, and now I had to cancel my plans with him later. Just to go to a worthless gala.

============================

[Maps' POV]

"Alright our dance session has finished" announces my dance instructor as she clapped.

"Thank you" We royals all say.

I really didn't like dance class, but for the sake of the gala and my parents, I had to learn. It was hard since wearing a dress or heels wasn't my thing. But my brother talked me into this. Not that I was able to reject.

From my peripheral vision, I noticed Princess Olive Silverlock walk up to me, "Are you going to the gala today?"

"Like if I have the option to reject" I grumbled.

She giggles and sighed, "It's hard being a royal"

"I wish I had a different life. I wish I was free to do what I wanted. Free to run around like a monkey. Free to fall down. Free to feel scared and not be told that I'll be okay everytime I'm protected by knights" Now I was the one that heavily sighed.