It's Not What You Think!

*Credits to the Artist🔝*

---------------------------------------------------

[Maps' POV]

"Ugh!" I threw my bookbag across the room as soon as I stepped inside. I stood in front of my bed, realizing what I just did and how I could've broken the wall.

Turning to my side, I saw myself being reflected on my mirror. I saw the frustration plastered on my face. Don't tell me I'm...

"-jealous...?" I whispered, slowly widening my eyes and taking a few steps back. I'm jealous.

No. I don't want to be! But I can't control it. I'm definitely jealous, and it's all because of Jina.

Jina Soy, the girl who's around Damian most of the school day. The question now would be... am I jealous because she's taking my friend away from me... or because she's taking my crush away from me...

I groaned, restraining myself from stomping. I have no right to be jealous! We're not even dating. We're just friends...

But she...

°• Flashback •°

Class was starting in a few minutes. The teacher hasn't even arrived yet, so we all had time to chat with our friends. Except my only friend in this class is...

"Haha! And let me tell you, I totally won that bet! Aren't I awesome?" Jina wrapped her arms around Damian, who only pushed them off.

I sighed and avoided looking towards that direction, even though he kept making eye contact with me. It doesn't involve me, so it's not really my mess to fix. I'll just distract myself.

The weather outside is nice...

"Oh! Oh! Damian, do you mind if I call you Damipoo? I'm sure you don't, but surprise! That's my nickname for you!"

It doesn't look too crowded outside...

Will it rain later?

"Jina... please just go back"

People are wearing their big jackets. Or would it get colder?

"Oh come on Damian, don't be like that. She just wants to be friends with you"

...

I'm sure he'll tell her to leave again and then her and her friends will listen.

After a few seconds of not hearing his voice, I couldn't help but glance back at them. She was still there, hand on his shoulder. He had his eyes closed. His eyebrows furrowed as if trying to stop himself from bursting.

Alright, that's it. I got up from my desk and walked towards them. Damian heard my footsteps and opened his eyes, meeting mines. I'm sure he'll catch on quickly.

"Hey Dami, can you help me open my locker? I realized that I need to sharpen my pencil"

Before he could answer, Jina crossed her arms and spoke for him, "Oh poor Mizoguchi. Sorry but Dami doesn't have time anymore. Class has already started" she pointed behind me, to the teacher that had just walked inside in time.

Damn...

Out of nowhere, Damian gently grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the front of the class and towards the door that led to the hallway.

"Sir, may I help Maps with opening her locker?" He said it so calmly, while I was freaking out in the inside about how he was holding my wrist.

"Sure, go ahead. But get back here quickly, we'll start discussing the essential question in a few minutes"