"SHUDDUP"

"So," Billy comes up to Liv at the end of the day with a smile on his face. "I asked some people about you, and apparently, you're the star of the school. Super smart, daddy's little princess, babysitter of half the town. Everybody wants you, hardly anybody gets you." He looks her up and down. "What's with that?" He asks.

"High standards." Liv turns to him with a smirk. "And I was fucked over by the cutest guy that went here like, a year ago, so," She shrugs again. "There was never much for me to go for."

"Went?" He asks with a quirk of his eyebrow and Penny slides over to the pair as Liv smirks at him. "Are there new contenders? Am I in the running on cute guys?" He asks and Liv rolls her eyes.

"Hi Liv. New kid." Penny hooks her arm with Liv's. Liv is saved by Penny once again. "Ready to go?" She asks.

"Yeah." Liv nods. "See you later, Billy." She says over her shoulder as her and Penny start to walk off, not knowing that Billy was following.

"Liv!" He shouts after the brunette, and Liv turns to see him slowly walking. "Can I get your number?" He asks, his voice only slightly lower as he causes a small scene in the main hall, a big smile on his face as he sees that he's won. Liv can't just say "no" when there's a crowd like this, and he knows it.

"Sure." Liv says and walks over to him, getting a pen from her purse and taking his hand. "Better not smudge it, Hargrove." She smirks and writes her number on the skin of his palm. "Talk to you later, then, I guess." She says, her eyes meeting his for just a moment before going back to Penny.

"Oh my gosh, Liv!" She squeals. "The new kid likes you!"

"Only because I'm the only one that's talked to him." Liv shrugs. "I sat with him at lunch and everything, we're like best friends now."

"We were wondering where you were at lunch!" Penny shouts as they get to her car. They'll be here for another ten minutes while they wait for Joe and Jack to leave the building. "At this rate, we'll both have boyfriends! How exciting!"

"I am not going to date the new kid." Liv shakes her head.

"Whatever you say, Liv. You're so going to date the new kid."

"Think of Joe, he'd be so left out."

"Joe does it to himself." She rolls her eyes. "He likes weed more than he'll ever like a girl."

-

"How were your first days?" Olivia and Wesley's mom, Sarah asks her children as they sit down for dinner that night.

"Good." Liv shrugs. "There's a new boy at school, he's kind of annoying. I showed him around."

"You think he's annoying?" Sarah asks, chewing potatoes.

"Yup."

"I saw him." Wes nods. "He's got a mullet."

"A mullet?" John, their father, finally pipes up. "Stay away from him, Olivia."

"His hair doesn't mean anything." She laughs. "Jack's hair is greasy as hell and you don't complain about that."

"Jack has been your friend since you were in diapers, and he's dating Penny. I'm not worried." John shoots back.

"You're kidding." Liv blink at her father. "You hated Steve, was that because of his hair too? You haven't even seen Billy-"

"Billy?" My mom quirks an eyebrow. "His stepmom just started at the school, I believe. She told me he's a bit of a hellraiser-"

"And that's enough of talking about me. Wes, what's up? How was your day?" Liv asks, shoveling food into her mouth so dinner is over, for her at least, a little faster.

"Good. Reed, James and I shot some rockets." He nods. "Good day."

-

"Hello?" Liv answers her phone, rubbing her eyes as she flicks on her lamp. She was going to sleep.

"Liv?" Billy asks. "Did I wake you? I'm sorry."

"Barely. I was just going to bed. I don't mind, though. What's up?"

"Well, I wrote your number down right after your wrote it on my hand, but I was about to hop in the shower, and I wanted to make sure I got it right before I washed it away forever."

"Good thing you wrote it down then." Liv smiles, her cheeks flushing a little, knowing that Billy couldn't see her, so she could let her guard down.

"Good thing, indeed." He chuckles. "Hey, I noticed you didn't get in your own car today. Do you want a ride to school tomorrow?"

"It's too late to cancel my ride with Penny, but maybe you can give me a ride home tomorrow, Hargrove."

"That sounds good, Wilson. See you tomorrow, then. Sweet dreams, Liv."

"Yeah, dream of me, Hargrove." Liv jokes.

"Don't have to tell me twice, baby."

"Baby?"

"Shuddup." He slurs the words together and Liv can't help but giggle.

"You're adorable, Hargrove."

"What was that?" He asks.

"I'm going to bed, Hargrove." I say and he laughs.

"See you tomorrow morning, Liv. I'll be waiting for you."

"Alright." Liv sighs, but doesn't hang up.

"What are you waiting for?"

"I don't know." Liv responds.

"I don't want you to hang up either."

"Well in that case." Liv giggles and reaches over, hanging up her phone with a small smile before settling back into bed.

Across Hawkins, Billy stares down at the phone in his hand with a small smile, debating whether or not to call her back, just to annoy her or if he should just give it up for the night and see her tomorrow.

"What is this bitch doing to me?" He asks himself with a shake of his head before putting his phone down and heading to the bathroom. He wasn't lying when he said he still hadn't washed his hand of the ink completely and wanted to make sure he had her number right before it was gone forever.