"RELAX"

"So, there's a new kid?" Joe pokes Liv from the backseat the next morning and Liv glares at him. "What?"

"Yes, there's a new kid. You know there's a new kid, I'm sure the two of you have a plan on making friends with the new kid." Liv say, pointing between Joe and Jack and Joe shrugs.

"Tell us about him."

"He's nice, but annoying. Before you ask of course I think he's fucking cute, and we talked on the phone last night."

"Oh my God!" Penny screams. "You what?!"

"Relax!" Liv shouts, grabbing Penny's arm as she swerves down the empty suburban street, laughing as she went along. "It was just a little flirting."

"Classic Liv." Jack pinches my cheek and Liv pushes him.

"Will you introduce us? I want to make sure that I like him before he tries to fuck you." Joe says and Liv rolls her eyes.

"Think more of people, will you, Joe?" Liv groans.

"Stop being so positive, will you, Liv?" He says in the same tone.

-

"Hi." Billy says as Liv and her friends get out of Penny's car, and Jack slyly pushes Liv towards Billy.

"Hi." Liv smiles. "You should meet my friends," She turns back to them, but they're all walking away. "Well." She shrugs, looking back to Billy, who's smirking down at her. "Maybe later."

"Yeah. I think they wanted us to have a moment alone." He says and Liv glares up at him. "What?"

"Well, baby, they do want to meet you. You should sit with us at lunch."

"You called me baby."

"You did it first."

"You also called me adorable." He says and Liv scoffs, backing towards the building as the first bell rings.

"I did no such thing." Liv turns with a small smile and she hears Billy take a few steps quicker to match her step.

"Yeah, whatever you say." He says and puts an arm over her shoulders. "Can you show me my locker again?"

"After homeroom." She responds, opening her locker and shoving a couple things in before closing it. "Do you ever plan on bringing a backpack?" She asks, looking at him and he shakes his head.

"I've got my textbooks in my car, if anything." He says, leaning against the lockers next to Liv as the hallways clear out with kids scrambling to their classrooms.

"Let's get going, new kid." Liv smiles, walking towards their class.

"I have a question." Billy says as they near their math room. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

"No." Liv laughs a little. "I told you about that yesterday, but if a guy named Joe ever comes up to you claiming that he's my boyfriend, don't take it seriously. He's my best friend."

"Got it." He nods. "He was one of the guys from the car?"

"Yeah." Liv nods as they walk into their class, going to the only two empty seats left, on opposite sides of the room from each other.

Liv doesn't mind sitting alone in class. She likes it, really. Liv's always been the bright one in her friend group, which she also liked. For years, she's been Penny, Jack and Joe's personal tutor, and the four of them wouldn't have it any other way. Late nights spent with Jack asking when he can go for a cigarette and Joe wondering when all of it would be over so he can smoke weed again. Liv loved her degenerate boys.