"AS FAST AS YOU CAN"

"You won't believe my night!" Liv squeals getting into Penny's car the next morning.

"You babysat, it couldn't have been too exciting." Penny rolls her eyes.

Penny was used to Liv's cheerfulness in the morning. Her best friend was a positive person, while she was generally negative. Liv has been a morning person her whole life, but Penny could sleep the whole day and into the night if she wanted to. They were polar opposites, and that worked for them.

"I snuck out with Billy at eleven." Liv says and Penny's jaw drops as she stops at the stop sign at the end of her street, turning to her friend.

"Are you motherfucking kidding, Olivia Wilson?!" She just about screams. "Who are you and what did you do to my best friend!" She laughs. "Oh my God, we need to formally meet him. Today."

"Yeah, it'll happen." Liv nods with a laugh at her friends dramatics.

"What happened?!" Penny says, starting to drive again.

"He called and asked what I was doing Friday,"

"Babysitting," They say together.

"And I said I was sleeping and was about to hang up and he convinced me to hang out with him then and there and we did."

"And what happened?"

"We smoked."

"And?"

"Made out!" Liv squeals and Penny screams and honks her horn, going down an empty neighborhood street. "Penny!" Liv shouts, grabbing her hand and moving it off the horn. "You're insane."

"I'm happy for you. You're getting action."

"Don't say it like that."

"You like him. It's been three days and you like him and that's why you're being so coy."

"Did you just say coy?" Liv asks and Penny nods.

"Yeah, you're being fucking coy, Liv!" She says and Liv throws her head back laughing.

"He's so hot, Penny. I can't believe he's into me." She shakes her head, turning to look at her.

"That's the worst part. You're not seeing that you're so hot too." She shakes her head and they arrive at Joe's. "We'll talk about this more later." She says and honks twice, and Joe barrels out of the house a minute later, a stupid smile on his face.

"Hey." He gets into the backseat and zips up his backpack. "Rushing this morning. How are you guys?" He asks and Liv turns to look at him.

"Hi Joey."

"Hi Livvy." He smiles.

"I'm having a great morning."

"Probably because of the new boy." He says with his eyebrows raised and Liv rolls her eyes.

"You're going to formally meet him today, can you believe?" Liv asks and Joe's eyebrows raise.

"I did formally meet him! Remember when he got you out of class literally two days ago?"

"Right." Liv nods. "It's been a long few days, huh?"

"You just like him." Penny rolls her eyes and Liv scoffs but doesn't deny it.

She's definitely got feelings for the new kid.

"Heard Hopper busted you last night." Joe says from the back and when Liv turns to look at him, he's chewing on fruit snacks. "What?" He asks.

"How did you hear that?"

"Police scanner."

"Excuse me?" Penny and Liv say at the same time.